Abel to Yzerman

Diva In Net: Sounds Like A Reason To Drink

I'm going to the Lions game in New Orleans on Sunday, and I'm worried.  I'm worried that I'm wasting money on a loss and I'm worried that I've never been to a Lions game that they won. I feel superstitious and sickly. I'm gonna go but I wanted you all to know that I may be the game killer.

Or maybe I feel like throwing up in my very mouth because Petr Mrazek is in goal tonight.

Maybe I predicted last October that Jimmah Tiberius of the Dong Tribe Howard was our best goalie and eventual starter. And maybe, maybe, some of you poked fun at me for that.

Perhaps, or even perchance, I recognized that Mrazek makes the occasional brilliant save but lets up softies because he has a soft mind. Maybe.

Well, he's in net tonight. And that makes me a little sad.

Vegas.  I feel for Vegas just as I feel for any city wracked and wrecked by assholes.

It's a new town for Gary and it's probably going to work, from an attendance standpoint. It will not work from, say, a Winnipeg or Ottawa or  Detroit or Boston perspective, where there are true fans who know hockey and develop an emotional attachment to their team. No.

It will be Denver and it will be Carolina.  It will be Tampa and Miami.  Bored, hockey-loving northerners who will migrate to the team in the city they moved to because the snow wasn't to their liking.  That's fine.

It's Gary's plan and it works, actually.

So, here the Wings are...in the city professional sports have avoided because of the spectre of gambling and racketeering and the Corleones. Not the NHL though, boy. Not the NHL. Gary doesn't care. Not one bit. He'll take the kickbacks and he'll revel in the adoration of dwarves the world over.

It will be an extravaganza tonight, the one planned before a psycho wrecked the schedule.  No city deserves that. My jaw sets when I think of the carnage and the reaction of good people.

Either way, the Wings are there. With Mrazek in net.  Win despite him and let's get home where Tampa awaits.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

LGRW.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

42jeff's avatar

Evening bitches.  Finally a game I can sit and watch.  LGRW

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/13/17 at 09:20 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Or maybe I feel like throwing up in my very mouth.. Good idea, pick the Best Goalie at the end of the Season.  You have the weirdest blogs I have ever seen.

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 10/13/17 at 09:21 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Well, you have to admit, playing Jimmah two games straight isn’t optimal. It also gives the coaches a chance to evaluate each goalie before the games really start to count.

It’s a back-to-back, and we don’t exactly have good history in recent years for those games, so I’m not expecting a win. I just want to see the players actually play like they give a fuch about the game, and about each other. If Razr plays tonight the same way he played in Dallas, it honestly wouldn’t bode very well for his future with the Wings.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 10/13/17 at 09:28 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Since the Wings are in Vegas…

The VGK are +130 betting line. Which means you have to bet $130 on them to win $100.  First time they are listed as the favorite.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/13/17 at 09:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It’s another great late night for a hockey game.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 09:55 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches. Hope I can manage to stay awake. wink

Staying up for these Western games is like pulling an all nighter now.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/13/17 at 10:12 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I took a nap and am ready for the puck drop now.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/13/17 at 10:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Knights 130 faves?  Geebus!
I like being underdogs.

Posted by RWBill on 10/13/17 at 10:17 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

You tube.. no. This… http://www.strikeout.me/ice-hockey/490081/2/vegas-golden-knights-vs-detroit-red-wings Yes

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 10/13/17 at 10:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Thank you for your public service Rorschach.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 10:39 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola bitches. Well Clemson loses to Syracuse. Time for a hockey game now. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 10/13/17 at 10:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

game on

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/13/17 at 10:41 PM ET

calquake's avatar

NYQUILLL!!!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 10:44 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Nice play.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/13/17 at 10:45 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-0 Nike. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 10/13/17 at 10:45 PM ET

Nice play by Z.  Maybe that will get Nyquil going

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/13/17 at 10:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Z to Nike

1-0

nice

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/13/17 at 10:45 PM ET

Alan's avatar

FUCH YEAH NIKE!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 10/13/17 at 10:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

NyQuill! You magic fuchin Q!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/13/17 at 10:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Nice Z pass to Nike goal. Keep er goin. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 10/13/17 at 10:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That’s the Petr we want to see.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 10:49 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Razor!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/13/17 at 10:49 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Petr

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/13/17 at 10:50 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan Y’all !!!  wow did I miss a Nyquist goal..  LGRW clap clap clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/13/17 at 10:53 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hejsan Y’all !!!  wow did I miss a Nyquist goal..  LGRW clap clap clap

We’re going to kick you out of the “Swedish mafia” for that. cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 10:55 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

We’re going to kick you out of the “Swedish mafia” for that.

Posted by calquake f

I probably deserve that smile

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/13/17 at 11:01 PM ET

A lot of good looks for Vegas….not liking it

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/13/17 at 11:03 PM ET

calquake's avatar

A lot of good looks for Vegas….not liking it

Based on what I’ve seen so far this year, Vegas is a decent team, they work hard.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Thankfully they have missed the open net a few times. Ice seems to be crap, everyone falling.

Posted by RWBill on 10/13/17 at 11:08 PM ET

calquake's avatar

And they have Fleury in goal.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:08 PM ET

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:06 PM ET

I agree, and that’s well and good if Vegas was creating all their chances but they’re not.  The Wings are handing them to Vegas with lazy and soft play.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/13/17 at 11:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

The Wings are handing them to Vegas with lazy and soft play.

It is a back to back so I’m not too worried.  The second period will tell the tale… so to speak.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:13 PM ET

Solid first by Petr.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/13/17 at 11:14 PM ET

The Wings are handing them to Vegas with lazy and soft play.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:13 PM ET

Solid point cal, kind of forgot the Wings played last night.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/13/17 at 11:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Often on Friday night so I will try to find a sci-fi or horror movies from the 50s or 60s for laughs. The last couple nights I’ve been watching Ken Burns the Vietnam war. Not so funny,  now I remember why everyone was so angry with each other.

Posted by RWBill on 10/13/17 at 11:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I will try to find a sci-fi or horror movies from the 50s or 60s for laughs

You ever pick up on MST3000?  I believe you would enjoy them.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Solid first by Petr.

Having two solid goaltenders would go a long way to hiding the deficiencies on defense.  I hope he keeps it up.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Still awake.  smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/13/17 at 11:26 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Still awake.

Hang in there Sloopy…  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/13/17 at 11:28 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

The last couple nights I’ve been watching Ken Burns the Vietnam war.

Been watching that on PBS as well about 2 weeks ago. World is just as crazy now as it was back then. maybe worse.

Meh - anyway - Evenin’ Bitches!

Jobu!

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/13/17 at 11:31 PM ET

1 2 3 >       Next »