Abel to Yzerman

Dinged Dong

I've said it before, way before many considered it appropriate to do so.

The Red Wings are a better team with that a strong dong in net, a dong belonging to James Tiberius Howard. A potent, dependable dong, a dong with staying power and strength and confidence.

But that dong can't stay strong. That's a problem modern medicine can't seem to fix.

So, that's a problem for the whole family.

I don't like Petr Mrazek. I never have. Not personally, because I don't know him. I don't like his style.

But his style may pay dividends tonite as we face off against hockey's best team, managed by the guy who should be managing our team, if not for the ego of one Ken Holland.

Maybe Mrazek's swagger does the trick tonite. Maybe he steals one, because a theft, another theft, is what we need.  We are not on par with this team, and that's ok. That's the cycle of life Holland has swirled us into.

One game, Petey.

Then the dong comes back, ready to bring us all continued joy.

Back to the vague mention I made of Steve Yzerman. I'm going to repeat a refrain.

Chris Ilitch needs to do something.  He needs, no matter what happens in June (and I do believe that month will feature a Tampa Cup), to offer the Yzerman family two things.

Money. Tens of millions of it  Power. All of it.

Bring the Captain home, Chris.

It's a Live Blog, bitches. LGRW. FKHASAP and HSYthissummer.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >       Next »

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Looked like he took a bullet. Hope he’s alright.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 08:34 PM ET

damndog's avatar

I’m glad he is up and moving. Yikes!

Posted by damndog from The Eastside of Detroit on 01/07/18 at 08:37 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Glad to see he made it off the ice without a stretcher. Hope he ends up okay.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/07/18 at 08:38 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Aggressive hockey back in town. Remember that team promotion around 1977-78.
The refs needs to start calling majors on the dirty shite or the scrums will continue.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/07/18 at 08:41 PM ET

Grampy504's avatar

MORE HIT!

Posted by Grampy504 on 01/07/18 at 08:45 PM ET

Everyone just collapsing on the net, that never ends up well

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 08:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Good goal, no interference.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/07/18 at 08:47 PM ET

Doesn’t seem much there.  Goal stands

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 08:47 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I think he was interfered with. I don’t think this will go our way.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/07/18 at 08:48 PM ET

Not surprising

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 08:49 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Yep… just as I thought. Oh well. Gotta get this shit back.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/07/18 at 08:49 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

FUCH IT!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 08:49 PM ET

No help for Petr on any of the goals against

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 08:49 PM ET

The early PK in the 3rd isn’t going to help matters

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 08:50 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Sloppy play. Interference? Of course not. Keep grinding boys. These slobs played last night and will wear down. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/07/18 at 08:50 PM ET

You can talk all you want about it being a bad bounce off of Ericsson’s skate, but the passer was allowed to skate unmolested to the faceoff dot while any Red Wing player near him backed off.  You negate the bad bounce by not allowing the puck to get in to position to bounce badly.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 08:52 PM ET

damndog's avatar

Exactly.  ^^^^

Posted by damndog from The Eastside of Detroit on 01/07/18 at 08:52 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Aggressive hockey back in town. Remember that team promotion around 1977-78.

I believe that was the slogan created by Mr. Ted Lindsey in his first year as GM….Bobby Kromm the head coach, and Bill Lochead scoring in OT as the wings defeated Atlanta Flames in their first and only playoffs until 1986…

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/07/18 at 08:53 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Aggressive hockey back in town. Remember that team promotion around 1977-78.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/07/18 at 08:53 PM ET

Bill Lochead. I remember that goal.  I remember it all….......

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 08:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

He better start this period with some young blood.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 09:09 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I remember it too Kate. It was the loudest I’ve ever heard the fans at the Olympia in my lifetime. You would of thought we won the cup.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/07/18 at 09:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Abby, dabby, do.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/07/18 at 09:13 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Abby!!!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/07/18 at 09:13 PM ET

Grampy504's avatar

We’re outshooting them, now let’s out hustle them!

Posted by Grampy504 on 01/07/18 at 09:14 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Abby! Just took a whack at it!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 09:14 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

ABBY 2-3

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 01/07/18 at 09:14 PM ET

Needed that.  Have to turn up the pressure more, now

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 09:14 PM ET

damndog's avatar

Nice.

Posted by damndog from The Eastside of Detroit on 01/07/18 at 09:14 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

+19 Grampy. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/07/18 at 09:15 PM ET

Grampy504's avatar

I was in the stairwell by section 14.  EZ Widers I think.

Posted by Grampy504 on 01/07/18 at 09:16 PM ET

Got quiet around here…..

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/18 at 09:34 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

SWM! Ken! FUCH!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 09:35 PM ET

Alan's avatar

That shouldn’t have even been an icing, and I hope that official loses their damn job.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/07/18 at 09:37 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Talk aboot demoralizing…......

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 09:37 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

//SIGH//

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 01/07/18 at 09:38 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Well that sucked. We’re getting it in the kiester from these refs tonight

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/07/18 at 09:39 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Well, it was a fun two periods. This one has pretty well sucked.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/07/18 at 09:42 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Fork….....

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/07/18 at 09:42 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

//SIGH// 2-5

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 01/07/18 at 09:42 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Sigh. I remember when we used to be the team that got vastly outplayed and found ways to win.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/07/18 at 09:43 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >       Next »