Abel to Yzerman

Denver’s In Town…YAWN

Hey. Check this out. I had no idea...

The Avs are 6-5-1 against Detroit in the Duchene era...

Want to know how your organ-I-zation has reached rock bottom?

It's when a hometown blogger (even a male hyphenated one) says that Matt Duchene, seriously...Matt Duchene, has an "era".

Denver's 8-8-something...it doesn't matter. They're sitting 13th in the West.  In all honesty, it's where their remaining 6 fans deserve to be and it's where baby Jesus wants them to stay.  So stay there they will because they're in the 9th year of a youth movement that has been less than successful.

"Did not qualify" is usually a statement reserved for Blues fans applying to Delta College in the beautiful outskirts of Saginaw, but in this case it's 4 of the last 6 dreary endings to a Dive season.

Ah well. These games used to be fun until Denver started sucking ass on a wonderfully consistent basis.

Tonite starts a four-game string of games against teams that are pure shit.  8 points would be awesome. 6 would be nifty. 5 would be acceptable. 4 is expected.

How are those lines shaping up, Mike?

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Nice interview with Nook Kindl. Happy to see him doing well.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/05/13 at 08:13 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Hey MO, how did your deer season this year go?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/05/13 at 08:14 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Mushrooms were fun… it was that little mescaline pill that sent me on a ride…..

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/05/13 at 08:11 PM ET

I can never look at Rush’s “A Farewell to Kings” album cover the same way again

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/05/13 at 08:14 PM ET

Tip ‘O the bottle to Chief and 19!

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 03/05/13 at 07:33 PM ET

How did you run into Tanduay, dude?

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/05/13 at 08:14 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Lids rarely wore a beard aint he didnt play too poorly.
Mats Sundin wasnt exactly scruffy either. Just to think of a couple…

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/05/13 at 08:14 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

The Soup Nazi. Love it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/05/13 at 08:14 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Anyone familiar with Georgia O’Keeffe? Vagina head? Just askin….....Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Shrooms, mescaline and Georgia O’Keefe… my aren’t we an eclectic bunch.

Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:15 PM ET

Thunderpriest's avatar

Never mention Georgia O’keeffe around me.
My ex loved her tulip paintings.
Bad juju….

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/05/13 at 08:15 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Do all Swedes have to grow a beard in order to play good hockey?

Their Viking blood demands it.

Speaking of that Viking’s Blood is a hell of a mead, in case anyone cared

Posted by Hootinani on 03/05/13 at 08:16 PM ET

Thunderpriest's avatar

Lids rarely wore a beard aint he didnt play too poorly.
Mats Sundin wasnt exactly scruffy either. Just to think of a couple…

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/05/13 at 08:14 PM ET

Lidstrom had too much talent to be contained by any one nationality.

I’ll bet Sundin woulda been better with the beard.
Just sayin….

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/05/13 at 08:17 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Lidstrom had too much talent to be contained by any one nationality.

I’ll bet Sundin woulda been better with the beard.
Just sayin….

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/05/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Word.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/05/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Shrooms, mescaline and Georgia O’Keefe… my aren’t we an eclectic bunch.

Yes, yes we are.

Much more interesting that watching Magically Delicious languish on the dead-weight line.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/05/13 at 08:18 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Sundin should have grown a beard to play on his wing

Posted by Hootinani on 03/05/13 at 08:18 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

So if Georgia O’Keeffe painted a picture of female genitalia, would it look like flower?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/05/13 at 08:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Kindl is Checkawhatever not a Swede.

Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/05/13 at 08:18 PM ET

More like a bush.

Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:20 PM ET

What is bassassketball?

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/05/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Wait, what?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/05/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Just caught up to the rest of the LB and clearly, Kate dominates.

I drink to that.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Thunderpriest's avatar

Kindl is Checkawhatever not a Swede.

Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:18 PM ET

Yer right…color me embarassed.

On another note….other famous beards:
Katie Holmes, Kelly Preston

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

So our faceoff success rate wasn’t pretty

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

More like a bush.
Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:20 PM ET

You’re right.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Stats are waaaaay to even.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Just caught up to the rest of the LB and clearly, Kate dominates.

I drink to that.

I drink to aboot 10 or so.

Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Vaginas, tulips, female genitala, we got it all tonight.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Elliot looks like a gay preist

Posted by Hootinani on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

More like a bush.

Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Quake you are the best! Laughing so hard my sides ache!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/05/13 at 08:23 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I had a solid year, Deuce. Killed 5 with my bow,  buck with the rifle and the kiddo got a nice 8 for his first. I went to WY in August and kilt a nice antelope with me bow…. life was good last year.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/05/13 at 08:23 PM ET

Elliot looks like a gay preist

Posted by Hootinani from Just outside Delta College Admissions Office on 03/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Aaaaaand I just spat out my snot.  Thanks.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/05/13 at 08:23 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

WiiM says DET was 2-for-11 on faceoffs.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/05/13 at 08:24 PM ET

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/05/13 at 08:23 PM

An EIGHT, MO?  Good will hunting, indeed.  Forsooth.  Hence.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/05/13 at 08:25 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Thanks Kate.  You already know how I think aboot you.

Posted by calquake on 03/05/13 at 08:25 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Aaaaaand I just spat out my snot.  Thanks.

Posted by SYF from Hutt Funkins on 03/05/13 at 08:23 PM ET

your welcome smile

Posted by Hootinani on 03/05/13 at 08:25 PM ET

Damn you, FSD.  Do you really need to remind us of that atrocity with the Schmucks????

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/05/13 at 08:26 PM ET

SoDakWIngNut's avatar

@SYF - three years in P.I. and wife is from there. Got shelves of ESQ to go with my bottles of 7-Up. Hehe. You had ESQ?

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 03/05/13 at 08:26 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Good deal MO.  I shot a very unique 8 pointer this year.  It was actually shot in the face with a crossbow prior to me punching out it vitals.  Made an awesome euro mount.  I’ll send you some pics.  Very weird year…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/05/13 at 08:26 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

and The Power Line starts the second….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/05/13 at 08:27 PM ET

Thunderpriest's avatar

Nice Cleary…
yikes

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/05/13 at 08:27 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

And just as a big FU to the fans, Babs starts with 8-13-11

Posted by Hootinani on 03/05/13 at 08:27 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

this is day 3 of me quitting smoking - - and Im in a pissy mood

Charley buckets isnt helping matters

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/05/13 at 08:28 PM ET