Abel to Yzerman

Countdown From Ten

Yep, that's right. Ten more games to go. Ten more reasons to enjoy the 19 of us making merry, while our beloved Detroit Red Wings fall the farthest we've seen in almost thirty years.
Still, there are some players worth watching, and, the commentary here at A2Y is worth way more than the price of admission.

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Ten more reasons to enjoy the 19 of us making merry, while our beloved Detroit Red Wings fall the farthest we’ve seen in almost thirty years.

If I’m being honest I wouldn’t bother watching these last 10 games if not for the 19. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 06:38 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Thanks Kate! Go 19!

I feel the same way Cal.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/19/19 at 06:39 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I’d probably still watch some of these games, but, Imma gonna watch them all now cause,
I have 19 reasons to. wink

Thanks folks.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 06:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I feel the same way Cal.

Great minds and all that dd.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 06:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Thanks folks.

No Kate, all the thanks go to you, Paul and the Chief. Without you folks none of this is possible.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 06:54 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Thanks Kate. Even though the Red Wings are having a poor season, I still watch them. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 03/19/19 at 06:59 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Evening Bitches…

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/19/19 at 07:12 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, kate

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/19/19 at 07:16 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches !

Thanks for the new thread Kate.

Tonight’s titanic struggle features the two most inept teams in the category of winning games in Regulation or OT.

Something’s gotta give.  Well, no, it doesn’t.  It may go to shootout 10 rounds.

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 07:23 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I gotta give KH credit for unloading Smith. That was a really good move.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 07:23 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Sure did Kate,  KH has made several trades the last few years that got some picks for a player that the receiving team didn’t keep or has not produced well.

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 07:24 PM ET

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 07:23 PM ET

Hey RW! I’m gonna rename you Jinxy…..... grrr

Thanks for hanging oot….

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 07:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Jinxy could at least pee in the toilet !

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 07:27 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Hirose looked good on that PP shift.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/19/19 at 07:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 07:28 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I forgot about him. I was thinking of Mr. Jinx from Pixie and Dixie.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 07:32 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I keep hoping Bowey will settle down and in.  Starting to wonder if he will, or if he’s just Brendan Smith 2.0.

That’s twice in a short time where he’s given the puck up near his own net.

Posted by Primis on 03/19/19 at 07:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Franz!!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 07:41 PM ET

Nielsen!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 07:42 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Yep Nielsen. 1-0 after one period. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 03/19/19 at 07:48 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Hirose doesn’t seem too nervous for his first game.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 07:49 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy 19. No place I’d rather be during these trying times with our team than with my 19 fake friends. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/19/19 at 08:07 PM ET

calquake's avatar

AA!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 08:11 PM ET

HappyToSeeYou!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!?

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 08:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

AA

2-0

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/19/19 at 08:11 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

AA 2-0. wink

Posted by bigfrog on 03/19/19 at 08:11 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Who had AA for 30 (has 27 now) goals at the start of the season?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/19/19 at 08:14 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

ouch ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/19/19 at 08:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Who had AA for 30 (has 27 now) goals at the start of the season?

His agent?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 08:18 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Happy to see you!

Wings are going to knock themselves out of the lottery

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/19/19 at 08:20 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I know how bad Larkin wants to drive the bus, but, I would rather he not be playing with a patch on his neck area. Must be still be sore.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 08:23 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Athanasiou playing harder/heavier on the puck has made such a big difference in his game.

Posted by Primis on 03/19/19 at 08:25 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Speed kills. AA with the Finnish. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/19/19 at 08:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That’s it Kronner, get a few more blocks off those knees !

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 08:38 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Kronner did good…..  No jink…

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 08:38 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

That’s it Kronner, get a few more blocks off those knees !

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 08:38 PM ET

I thought he used his stick.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 08:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Probably did, I was more in search of a joke than accuracy.

At about this point in the game I would say the Wings are fully capable and should be expected to give up the lead.  Hard to say that the Rangers look all that interested but things can happen.

Rangers will have a tough time cracking the Defensive offerings of Lashoff-Witkowski.

Posted by RWBill on 03/19/19 at 08:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Lashoff-Witkowski.

Sounds like a funeral home.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 08:49 PM ET

Lashoff-Witkowski.

Sounds like a funeral home.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 03/19/19 at 08:49 PM ET

Yeah, uh, don’t be giving the grim reaper any ideas, Quake.  grrr

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/19/19 at 08:55 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Actually, he already took the Wings season, so he should be totally satisfied….. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!