Abel to Yzerman

Concrete Shoes, Cyanide, TNT…Live Blogs

There will be exceptions.  When situations appear dire, Lightfoot will show up as if out of nowhere. Gordo will be our savior and our most reliable of drinking partners.

But, starting tonite and continuing through our 23rd consecutive Stress Train driven playoff run?

AC/DC will lead us.

It's my decision, my decree.

And that's the level of importance I've placed on this game.  The playoffs start tonite because we don't want to have to worry about the last two. Two points is what we need, for many of the reasons I pointed out earlier.

But 1 is the thing, because right now, to the tearful chagrin of our shrew, imp, club footed commissioner?  23 is an evil number.

So, in the truest spirit of sticking it right up the asses of Gary, his farce of a league, every other team in the NHL who wishes they were Detroit and consistently point to the Wings as the "business model"..in the spirit of sticking it right up the asses of the towns who raise ticket prices specifically for Wing games, who chant their "Detroit Sucks" homilies, post their "Fuch Detroit" prose, grit their knobby teeth at the mere mention of the Detroit Red Wings?  In the spirit of sticking a big fat red Winged Wheel right up their asses?

23 is the Deed, and if it's Dirty, that's ok.  In fact, it's preferred.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

just win, boyz.

Just.

Win.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/09/14 at 05:10 PM ET

So, in the truest spirit of sticking it right up the asses of Gary, his farce of a league, every other team in the NHL who wishes they were Detroit and consistently point to the Wings as the “business model”..in the spirit of sticking it right up the asses of the towns who raise ticket prices specifically for Wing games, who chant their “Detroit Sucks” homilies, post their “Fuch Detroit” prose, grit their knobby teeth at the mere mention of the Detroit Red Wings?  In the spirit of sticking a big fat red Winged Wheel right up their asses?

Sans lube.  Slainte, Chief.  Say, “Hi” to your shooters for me.

Yeah, it’s the Pens, but all I see is our two points on the line.  Earn ‘em, Wings.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 05:26 PM ET

Sans lube.  Slainte, Chief.  Say, “Hi” to your shooters for me.

Posted by SYF from the Swedish Ice Mafia on 04/09/14 at 06:26 PM ET

I always felt “sans lube” would make a good X-Games motto.  Anyway….

Let’s hope the Wings strap on the big balls this evening and shake a leg early.  Perfect night to ride on into the playoffs and remind all the little sisters that it’s a long way to the top, then everyone can have a drink on me.

LGRW

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/09/14 at 05:39 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

No shit this song came on my radio coming home.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/09/14 at 05:42 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Chief, AC/DC and a Wings x Pens game
Life can’t get much better than this!

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by Zqto on 04/09/14 at 05:46 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Holy hell it’s on now.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/09/14 at 05:53 PM ET

joedaiceman's avatar

A win means a hail of torment on that fart face of a midget commissioner. Sweet !

Posted by joedaiceman on 04/09/14 at 06:00 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yes. Methinks it’s on. Forsooth.

Just. Win.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/09/14 at 06:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches. Glad you’re with us tonite,  Chief.

Whatever it takes to make the Playoffs.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/09/14 at 06:05 PM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Always preferred.

Posted by BrendonR on 04/09/14 at 06:06 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Chief!

Nothing is Impossible!  Keep on keeping on and WIN period!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/09/14 at 06:07 PM ET

I always felt “sans lube” would make a good X-Games motto.  Anyway….

LGRW

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/09/14 at 06:39 PM ET

I may have actually seen an advert for KY at one of the X-Games televised on ESPN.  “Hey, I just leapt my dirt bike fifty feet into the air.  Now, I’m gonna get laid.”

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 06:10 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I climbed up the mountain and threw 19 live chickens into the volcano. If that ain’t enuff…...

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/09/14 at 06:11 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan y’all !!!

Just get those points tonight…please please !!!!
L.G.R.W.  cool smile

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/09/14 at 06:16 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/09/14 at 07:11 PM ET

That’s good. That’s very good. No doubt the hockey gods are pleased.

But Chief declared tonight the unofficial start of the post-season. As such, let me offer a burnt offering as a sacrifice…and should my neighbor ever find out, may I spend the best 19 years in prison that anyone could spend:

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/09/14 at 06:21 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

As my boss would say.. What has three cord Angus ever done..

Right..

Beat that ass tonight, boys. Lock up that postseason.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/09/14 at 06:25 PM ET

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/09/14 at 07:21 PM ET

I’m…I’m just gonna flat out say it:  “Flaming Pussy.”

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 06:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/09/14 at 07:21 PM ET

+19. That is one hot cat! wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/09/14 at 06:29 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Possibly the hottest cat alive..

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/09/14 at 06:31 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

I’m…I’m just gonna flat out say it:  “Flaming Pussy.”

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/09/14 at 06:33 PM ET

DUB!!!!!!!

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 06:34 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

!!!

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/09/14 at 06:34 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Hola SYF.

Currently attempting to kill off one of God’s little pranks called a springtime head cold with cheap vodka. Tryin’ hard.

Go Wings.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/09/14 at 06:37 PM ET

Neat trick:  tried snorting the vodka in college.  Fuchers fooled me.  I had a migraine for a week after that.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 06:38 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Fun. Got suckered into snorting Jack once. Not my finest moment.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/09/14 at 06:49 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Apropo of nothing….

Im reading this book called The Passage, about the world being taken over by vampires.  The head vampire’s name is Babcock, and he gets inside the head of all of the human survivors to make them do what he wants.

He also calls himself The Babcock, and I laugh every time I read it.

carry on

Posted by Hootinani on 04/09/14 at 06:53 PM ET

WingFanFormerlyInLA's avatar

This game calls for Big Balls something Cindy knows nothing about.

Posted by WingFanFormerlyInLA on 04/09/14 at 06:56 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I had they decoy wearing a pittsburgh jersey today….omg..I have never seen my K9 biting and fighting that hard before.I hope the Detroit could do the same???

Just get those points…tonight !!!!

L.G.R.W.  LOL

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/09/14 at 06:57 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

This game calls for Big Balls something Cindy knows nothing about.

Posted by WingFanFormerlyInLA on 04/09/14 at 07:56 PM ET

Oh, he knows about them.  In fact, he’s very fond of them.

Posted by Hootinani on 04/09/14 at 06:58 PM ET

Muting this bitch because Olcsux.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 07:01 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar
Muting this bitch because Olcsux.

Posted by SYF from the Swedish Ice Mafia on 04/09/14 at 08:01 PM ET

done and done

Posted by Hootinani on 04/09/14 at 07:03 PM ET

Dinnertime here in the SYF household.  brb, 19.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 07:03 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Damn, NBC on both home and away feeds on gamecenter live

Posted by Zqto on 04/09/14 at 07:03 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

*sigh* NBC

Lock it down boys.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/09/14 at 07:04 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Two points, just sittin’ there on the table.

Don’t let them sit there, boys. Win this, make the Pens your biatches., and take those two points. You deserve them.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/09/14 at 07:06 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It’s a great night for a hockey game.  It’s our two points.

Posted by calquake on 04/09/14 at 07:08 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Jackets always start their games with acdc too… :x

Hope everyone’s been taking their sedatives and/or suppositories.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/09/14 at 07:08 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Jackets always start their games with acdc too

Yeah. They’ve got a cannon in the arena a too. Gotta admit that’s pretty badass.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/09/14 at 07:09 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Muting this bitch because Olcsux.

Not here.

Much like feeling like a neat freak after watching Hoarders, I feel like Fuching Scotty Bowman after listening to these mokes.

I turn it up and drink heavily.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/09/14 at 07:10 PM ET