Abel to Yzerman

Chances of Success? Exactly Zero. Live Blog That And Stick It In Your Pipe.

The Wings have lost horrendously to the two worst teams in hockey.  Consecutive waterboardings. Disgusting.

So, tonite, against the team I believe to be the best in the Western Conference?

Tick Tock and Uncle Mike are starting a rookie because our other rookie (McCollum..is he even technically a rookie?) literally "terrifies" the organ-I-zation, and James Tiberius Howard is exhausted.

Our blue line is decimated and our third line can't score.  The fourth line has been instructed to let themselves get hit like Rudy Frigging Stein. Do not shoot. Do not swing. Do not make any offensive gestures. Engelbert's on deck and he's been killing the ball lately.

The Wings beat the Blues last time out after David Backes was tossed due to a clean check to a Detroit tummy.  He's going to be angry. The whole team is going to be absolutely frantic.  The crowd, amped up on Pall Malls and Ten High whiskey, will be quiet only long enough to swap tongues with whatever relative is on their immediate left.

The opponent. The atmosphere. The Wings, themselves.

All signs point to the worst regular season defeat in Detroit Hockey History.

Two goals for Datsyuk. One for Wally and one for Charlie by God Buckets.

Wings win 4-2.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 >       Next »

Yzersyuk's avatar

Ya kno i actually am a fam of the samson. Yes he can shoot wide and yes hes getting older. But ya kno the bastard wants to score. I like that.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/07/13 at 10:33 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Finally, the BBB’s return…courtesy of the Wings.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 02/07/13 at 10:34 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Plenty of young blood with the matured talent i say.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/07/13 at 10:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

But ya kno the bastard wants to score. I like that.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/07/13 at 10:33 PM ET

He does that, that’s for sure.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 02/07/13 at 10:34 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Great game wings, wasn’t expecting that, not in that way anyway.  Night all.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/07/13 at 10:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

wow-what about me….......just saying thanks for making me feel unwelcome, and I am a Real Red Head!  red face

Sorry Red, you know I have a soft spot in my head for gingers. cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 02/07/13 at 10:34 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Good Win!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 10:35 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Maddeningly inconsistent bastards…. great game.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/07/13 at 10:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Good night, bitches.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 02/07/13 at 10:35 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Just

WOW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/07/13 at 10:35 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

That Mrazek He’s a keeper.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/07/13 at 10:35 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Calquake! I try!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 10:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Saturday matinee, good time for drinking.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 02/07/13 at 10:36 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

wow what a night, eh?  reminds me of wings teams gone by!

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 02/07/13 at 10:36 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

JIMMAH! Trade bait?

Nah Ima just messin with Sasquatch.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 02/07/13 at 10:36 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Gnite you old bastards.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/07/13 at 10:36 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

How many games is Mule going to get for the spear?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand

one

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/07/13 at 10:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

See you all on Saturday.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 02/07/13 at 10:37 PM ET

Kate from AZ-made in Detroit's avatar

The 19 are old slow and this will finally be the year we miss the playoffs.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 02/07/13 at 10:33 PM ET

SWM. I’d kick you’re a$$ if i wasn’t almost 600 years old. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from AZ-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 10:37 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Mzarek was pretty awesome!  I didn’t want to say that since I really like JIMMAH, but gotta give YAK KUDOS!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 10:37 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I love that rookie bastard. Trade Jo Mac, Gustavsson and one of our young forwards for something useful.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/07/13 at 10:37 PM ET

SoDakWIngNut's avatar

Good night you punkass whippersnappers. Way to go Wings!

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 02/07/13 at 10:38 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Nah Ima just messin with Sasquatch.

Posted by Rumbear from the Top O the Hasek, WINNING!.... on 02/07/13 at 10:36 PM ET

Pronger’s back?  Ashole.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/07/13 at 10:38 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Kate, Kate….well done! Your shift is over.

Thank Jeebus this is not a B2B week.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 02/07/13 at 10:38 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Shocking result

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/07/13 at 10:39 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

What a game.  Hope I remember it…..

Night all!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 02/07/13 at 10:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

It’s 4 hours past my bedtime for 600 year olds.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 02/07/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

That felt good. But to any game there is skill and consistency. I am never worried about the first with the Wings but the second is up in the air.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/07/13 at 10:43 PM ET

Kate from AZ-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 02/07/13 at 10:37 PM ET

Agree. Great showing for his first time playing with a not so stable team in front of him.

His mask was pretty good too.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from AZ-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 10:43 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

watching from the couch and being sick i heartily raised my head and cheered. Solid road win and possibly best game of the young season. New word: Consistency; we must have it now. Back to back nooners-a-comin’.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/07/13 at 11:03 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Damn. Looks like I missed a good one. You old hipsters were on fire. Mrazek looking good making the most of his big show chance. Will see you all Saturday.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Home of the Cup Champion Greenville Pylons on 02/08/13 at 12:11 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Same boat here nurse.  Damn stupid work interfering with my 19 cuddle time….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/08/13 at 12:28 AM ET

monkey's avatar

SWM. I’d kick you’re a$$ if i wasn’t almost 600 years old.

When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 02/08/13 at 06:05 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Rookie goaltender looks fantastic in his first game.  Three different players come off the schneid and get their first goal of the season.  A beautiful unassisted breakaway goal to top off a road blowout victory.

All of this describes a Red Wings win rather than a loss.  The Mayans were right.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 02/08/13 at 06:12 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Turnstile is leading the team in +/-.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 02/08/13 at 06:13 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by monkey from All hands, abandon ship. This is not a drill. on 02/08/13 at 06:12 AM ET

Unbelievable.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/08/13 at 07:22 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Turnstile is leading the team in +/-.

That’s worthy of nothing considering he was like -4 after a couple of games.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/08/13 at 08:42 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

More Mrazek, please

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 02/08/13 at 08:53 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I checked out of the live blog after the first period last night, so just logged in to see the comments at the end of the game.  Red Winger’s “More Mrazek, please,” told me everything I needed to see.

I was listening on radio, and Paul Woods was singing Mrazek’s praises all evening.  Said he looked “calm and confident” in net.

Sounded like the defense played a lot better too.

And the 3rd and 4th lines scored.

My goodness, could it have been any better?

Dare we hope they can keep this up?  I hope Mrazek plays one of the weekend games, preferably on Sunday so I can see him.

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 02/08/13 at 09:13 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar