Abel to Yzerman

Chances of Success? Exactly Zero. Live Blog That And Stick It In Your Pipe.

The Wings have lost horrendously to the two worst teams in hockey.  Consecutive waterboardings. Disgusting.

So, tonite, against the team I believe to be the best in the Western Conference?

Tick Tock and Uncle Mike are starting a rookie because our other rookie (McCollum..is he even technically a rookie?) literally "terrifies" the organ-I-zation, and James Tiberius Howard is exhausted.

Our blue line is decimated and our third line can't score.  The fourth line has been instructed to let themselves get hit like Rudy Frigging Stein. Do not shoot. Do not swing. Do not make any offensive gestures. Engelbert's on deck and he's been killing the ball lately.

The Wings beat the Blues last time out after David Backes was tossed due to a clean check to a Detroit tummy.  He's going to be angry. The whole team is going to be absolutely frantic.  The crowd, amped up on Pall Malls and Ten High whiskey, will be quiet only long enough to swap tongues with whatever relative is on their immediate left.

The opponent. The atmosphere. The Wings, themselves.

All signs point to the worst regular season defeat in Detroit Hockey History.

Two goals for Datsyuk. One for Wally and one for Charlie by God Buckets.

Wings win 4-2.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Sea Dog Ale. Womanly flavored brew. Raspberry, blueberry, apricot. And an IPA in the mix for any mens in the house.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 11:03 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

May I remind you that my daughter and I witnessed the Wings, undoubtedly a much better Wings team than this one, give up a 3 goal lead in Phoenix, undoubtedly a much worse team than the Blues, in just the third period, the weekend before the last H2H2, so shut my whore mouth.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:03 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Errooo.

So, after a shitty day of driving half way across the country “collecting your stuff” and “having a talk”, I can officially say, I damn near pooped when I saw the scoreline, let alone who scored those goals. If the Turnstile and the Franzen can pop goals in, I may well have a little moment, or start believing they all pop onto these forums and listen to our moaning.

Meanwhile, Brunner keeps pushing himself for “my favourite thing in a winged wheel right now” status and seeing that Mrazek kid damn near pull a cartwheel when that goal went in, well, I’m quite impressed. 20 years old eh?

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 02/07/13 at 11:04 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I choose to pick up the gauntlet. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 10:00 PM ET

All HAIL!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/07/13 at 11:05 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Towne Club, fresh popped popcorn, and Red Wings hockey.  Good evening, bitches.  Break out the inflatable dragons, let’s get this party started.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/07/13 at 11:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Do you think the Kings sphincter is beginning to tighten?  Losing 3-0 tonight and not in the playoffs.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:07 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Ahaaahahahaaahaaaaaaaa

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/07/13 at 11:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

let’s get this party started.

Posted by monkey from All hands, abandon ship. This is not a drill. on 02/07/13 at 10:06 PM ET

Kate started 2 1/2 hours ago!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Teh kid is 20….Jeebus, I was 20 once.  When was that?

Look, Monkey!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/07/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Do we need to have an intervention for you?  Cleanout the negative, the bad, make room for the positive…... Or may we suggest bottoms up, and take two aspirin

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 11:08 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Man, Backes just crushed Steen.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/07/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Pavel - - stoned

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/07/13 at 11:09 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Look, Monkey!

Keep your head down, I hear they like to fling poo.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/07/13 at 11:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Oh damn, Datsyuk is a little snake bitten.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Another freaking circus in our end

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/07/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

it’s a pileup…....

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Second time tonight these douchebags have ruffed up Pavs.

Backes, Jackman….Tootoo, pick one, it’s time.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/07/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Teh kid is 20….Jeebus, I was 20 once.  When was that?

Look, Monkey!

Posted by Rumbear from the Top O the Hasek, WINNING!.... on 02/07/13 at 10:08 PM ET

For me, it’s 40 decades ago. It’s getting very Cosmic Dusty in here.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 11:11 PM ET

monkey's avatar

40 decades?  When did you find the Ring?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/07/13 at 11:12 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Kate, I ain’t that far behind ya…just don’t tell anyone here!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/07/13 at 11:13 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

For me, it’s 40 decades ago. It’s getting very Cosmic Dusty in here.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 10:11 PM ET

You don’t look a day past 399 though.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 02/07/13 at 11:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

For me, it’s 40 decades ago. It’s getting very Cosmic Dusty in here.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 10:11 PM ET

Ditto!  1952 was a very good year.  probably not, actually.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:13 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Kate, because I have so much respect for you I volunteer to hold your hair back… just in case. smile

Posted by calquake on 02/07/13 at 11:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

damn i can’t read!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Second time tonight these douchebags have ruffed up Pavs.

Backes, Jackman….Tootoo, pick one, it’s time.

Posted by Rumbear from the Top O the Hasek, WINNING!.... on 02/07/13 at 10:11 PM ET

Yes. It’s time to pick a battle.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

agree - Queing TooToo

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I made it back the box/bag is dead. I claim no victory or superiority only contentment. Were still winning…...L.G.R.W.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/07/13 at 11:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Haven’t heard much from Shatinhat tonight have we?

Posted by calquake on 02/07/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Came over from Colorado in the Eric Johnson deal…WTF? Excuse me, huh?

Kenny…take a breathe.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/07/13 at 11:16 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

get it out of the damn zone !!!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:16 PM ET

monkey's avatar

You don’t look a day past 399 though.

1613 was a very good year.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/07/13 at 11:17 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ditto!  1952 was a very good year.  probably not, actually.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 10:13 PM ET

10/30/1953. A very good year.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 11:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

1613 was a very good year.

Except for the burning of the witches at the stake and all that.

Posted by calquake on 02/07/13 at 11:18 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I feel… Like a Fuching baby.. I’m an 85 Kid…

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/07/13 at 11:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Except for the burning of the witches at the stake and all that.

Tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 1599.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/07/13 at 11:20 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

10/30/1953. A very good year.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 10:17 PM ET

Bitch you ain’t even 60!  hahahahahahahaha   Close enough!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 11:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

You don’t look a day past 399 though.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 02/07/13 at 10:13 PM ET

I said decade, not century. I am not a vampire.

Lets Go red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 11:21 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I like it. I love when my team victimizes and murders another team. Those are like the best days of my life.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/07/13 at 11:21 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

10/30/1953. A very good year.

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. Abraham Lincolnv- Congrats!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 11:21 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

1956 here.  Aged in womb. wink

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/07/13 at 11:21 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›      Next »