Abel to Yzerman

Chances of Success? Exactly Zero. Live Blog That And Stick It In Your Pipe.

The Wings have lost horrendously to the two worst teams in hockey.  Consecutive waterboardings. Disgusting.

So, tonite, against the team I believe to be the best in the Western Conference?

Tick Tock and Uncle Mike are starting a rookie because our other rookie (McCollum..is he even technically a rookie?) literally "terrifies" the organ-I-zation, and James Tiberius Howard is exhausted.

Our blue line is decimated and our third line can't score.  The fourth line has been instructed to let themselves get hit like Rudy Frigging Stein. Do not shoot. Do not swing. Do not make any offensive gestures. Engelbert's on deck and he's been killing the ball lately.

The Wings beat the Blues last time out after David Backes was tossed due to a clean check to a Detroit tummy.  He's going to be angry. The whole team is going to be absolutely frantic.  The crowd, amped up on Pall Malls and Ten High whiskey, will be quiet only long enough to swap tongues with whatever relative is on their immediate left.

The opponent. The atmosphere. The Wings, themselves.

All signs point to the worst regular season defeat in Detroit Hockey History.

Two goals for Datsyuk. One for Wally and one for Charlie by God Buckets.

Wings win 4-2.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening Chief & 19+

Hopeful for a W as in Win.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 07:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Howard still recalls the afternoon leading up to his NHL debut in 2005-06.

“I wasn’t nervous at all,” he said. “It was more excitement. I think that’s what he’s feeling. I wasn’t nervous at all until Stevie (Yzerman) told me I better not lose this one. That’s when the butterflies probably kicked in a little bit.”

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 07:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Today through noon Friday.  Any of you lower P people getting snow?  Looks like my family in Owosso, Corunna, Chesaning, and New Lothrop will be getting 6 inches.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 07:46 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I tried three times to make a joke out of this and gave up.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/07/13 at 07:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I tried three times to make a joke out of this and gave up.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/07/13 at 06:51 PM ET

Yeah, it was on the tip of my tongue.  Hey!  There’s one!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 07:52 PM ET

Ahoy, Master Chief.  Yes sir, I’ve had that fried chicken from a back alley chicken shack on the Marcos Hwy around Manila Bay.  dELISH…esp. when they used recycled two-cycle motor oil from their neighbors’ tricycles to re-fry the five-day old chicken legs.

Anyway, even that would sound comparably appetizing to what the Wings will have to face tonight.  Just get the fuching two points, Wings.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/07/13 at 07:54 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I’ve had the same stuff just before crossing the shit river bridge in Olongapo, SYF.  Best meal ever at 0100, buddy.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/07/13 at 07:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

this is the stupid *#$%@& leadership in the NHL dragging their feet on a contract and then instead of having a real training camp and exhibition season, they just called everyone and said “btw, you’re playing in a few days” so they could squeeze in as many games as possible.  now players are getting hurt left and right.  greedy idiots.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/07/13 at 04:42 PM ET

As if he cares.

photo

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 07:56 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

straight poetry Master Chief.

Mrazek gives up 2 he had no chance on, Goals from Brunner and Pav and Emmerton for his first of the year.  I’m callin’ it.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/07/13 at 07:57 PM ET

Heh.  And then the local liquor dredged up from the Pasig River?  Man, people don’t know what they’re missing.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/07/13 at 07:58 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

I WANT to be as optomistic as you Chief, but I dont feel it. Could be my cold medicine though *shrug* With that said, I hope Magic stones ‘em cold.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/07/13 at 07:58 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I’ve searched everywhere for optimism this season and cannot seem to find any.  Looks like Chief is bogarting all of it.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/07/13 at 08:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

So I snapped this picture this morning when I was waking up and said, “you know, I just can’t wait to get to work.”

2012-09-05_22-29-50_420-1.jpg

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

What is there left to say? Is that all there is? WTF? Fuch it?  Sh!t sandwich?

I got nothin’. Bitches.

My name is Kate, and I am a Wingaholic.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 08:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Oh, you guys are talking hockey.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 08:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What is there left to say? Is that all there is? WTF? Fuch it?  Sh!t sandwich?

I got nothin’. Bitches.

My name is Kate, and I am a Wingaholic.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 07:04 PM ET

That is awesome.  There really is nothing to say.

Maybe this is a season changer tonight.  More likely that the Blues score less than 4:30 into the game.  I’ll still be a fan.

I fear this is one of those nights I’m already going off the deep end.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 08:08 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

I fear this is one of those nights I’m already going off the deep end.

Go ahead join the rest of us!

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 08:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This is the first time I have drank during a game since April 2010, so expect some slurrrr typing.

No, I am not a recovering alcoholic.  I am a Wingaholic.

These Fuchs had better make it worth my hangover.

lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 08:15 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by
          RWBill

from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 07:03 PM ET

She’s definitely getting 6 inches tonight.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/07/13 at 08:15 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit

on 02/07/13 at 07:15 PM ET

If you’re lucky you wont remember anything tonight.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/07/13 at 08:16 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

She’s definitely getting 6 inches tonight.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/07/13 at 07:15 PM ET

Well if it’s from me Phaneuf will kick my ass, but it’d be worth it.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 08:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

RSV

I should mention that my email from InDemand says the TV crew is Fox Sports MidWest, no FSD.

FML.  time to try and stream the Ken Kal audio from 97.1, if that’s still possible this year.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 08:28 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/07/13 at 08:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Don’t know whether to LB the Wings game or the manhunt for the ex-cop, cop killing, homicidal maniac on the loose here in SoCal. So much bizzaro world sh!t has happened in the last 24 hours around here, including LAPD shooting two white women in a blue Toyota truck delivering newspapers while the suspect on the loose is a black male 6’ 270lbs ex-LAPD cop, who was driving a blue Nissan truck, until they found that truck on fire up in the San Bernardino mountains, which caused the closure of a nearby ski resort and the lockdown of all the local schools.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/07/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Bent's avatar

So I have the feeling that this game is going to require copious amounts of alcohol.  So I started an hour ago with the gin and tonic.  Working good so far.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/07/13 at 08:33 PM ET

edillac's avatar

Mrazek is starting?
I will watch the game,just to see him in action. Three years from now he will be our starter if he keeps it together. That kid is awesome

Posted by edillac from isolation on 02/07/13 at 08:35 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/07/13 at 08:36 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Petr is going to start tonight.. and guess what.. He’s got super peter on his mask. That’s right.. A Peter Griffin with a superman shirt on.

OUTSTANDING!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/07/13 at 08:44 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Insert dagger into my eardrums. Bernie Federko. We traded Adam Oates to St.Lose for Federko and Tony McKegnie.

I cannot take the play by play when it always sounds like these guys are talking with their mouths full….... of something.

Just sayin’...................

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 08:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Greetings 19. Will miss the L-bee tonite due to a hockey game of my own. I am a number 2 or 3 d-man on my team playing 30 mins a night with a plus 3 and 1 assist in 3 games. I really excell at the tailgate post game because we are a drinking team with a hockey problem. I also wear #19 bitches.

Here’s to successful results for the bood of us. Go Wings and Go Pylons.

Brought to you by Yuengling Beer the official beer of the Pylons.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/07/13 at 08:46 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Good Luck, Ciggy.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/07/13 at 08:48 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/07/13 at 07:46 PM ET

Call Kenny. Right now!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/07/13 at 08:50 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

New Lothrop will be getting 6 inches

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/07/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Mrazek - making his NHL debut in the net- Living the Dream
LGRW!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/07/13 at 09:01 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I am attempting to watch this game without any alcohol. I don’t know why.

Posted by dougie on 02/07/13 at 09:01 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 02/07/13 at 07:33 PM ET

Yeah, we like to call that Thursdays around here.

Posted by calquake on 02/07/13 at 09:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’ll settle for a good game tonight… win or lose.

Posted by calquake on 02/07/13 at 09:04 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Greetings inmates.

Let’s pump up little Petr and blow it out tonight… hope he doesn’t suck.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/07/13 at 09:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah, we like to call that Thursdays around here.

Posted by calquake on 02/07/13 at 08:02 PM ET

My God that is funny.

So that’s what KFI was talking about today!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/07/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

It is kinda sad when the pregame thoughts running through your head - - question if the Wings will even show up tonight.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/07/13 at 09:07 PM ET