Abel to Yzerman

Canucks Visit Joe Louis Arena Tonight

Enough Olympic talk, enough injury talk, enough goalie talk and defensive talk too.

Focus on the game tonight, play a full game and come away with 2 points any way you can.

I said a few games ago the Wings needed 7 out of a possible 10 points and they have 3 at this point.

A win tonight gives them 5 which means they can get away with collecting at least two points while playing the two teams in Florida.

Tonight is key, Vancouver has been playing badly and the Wings will face Eddie Lack in goal tonight.

Get the power play working, get to the net and skate every shift boys.

With that, it's a live blog bitches!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Time to get the chant started

Let’s go clock!  Let’s go clock! Let’s go clock!  Let’s go clock! Let’s go clock!  Let’s go clock!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/03/14 at 09:10 PM ET

Could be a problem with the Sisters of the Divine Agony crowd in attendance tonight.  They might misunderstand. cheese

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 10:12 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

The Bud Lynch “pucker up” minute.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 10:13 PM ET

Alan's avatar

End of two. 1-0 lead. You know what that means?

Time for no booze. NO lead is safe, and I want to be comfortable when we lose it.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/03/14 at 10:16 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

the Sisters of the Divine Agony

sounds like you musta partied with them before

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/03/14 at 10:17 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Time for no booze.

Wait, WHAT?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 10:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/03/14 at 09:16 PM ET

Not me, I want to be comatose.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 10:17 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

The Mick beaming on the youngins composed play.  Play em more Babbles. Way better than watching buckets and Bert skating in oatmeal.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/03/14 at 10:18 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Should have had the kids out there for the 5 on 3.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 10:18 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Evenin all. Watching that last 21-15-26 shift, I was struck with the thought that, when we get center depth back, if it came down to a battle between Sheahan and Helm for third line center, I don’t feel as confident that I’d pick Helm. I probably still would, but Sheahans game just keeps getting better.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/03/14 at 10:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

the Sisters of the Divine Agony

sounds like you musta partied with them before

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/03/14 at 09:17 PM ET

They were wicked good at spin the crucifix.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 10:20 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Look at it this way. We don’t have the dreaded two goal lead, so when the soccer weenies score two in the third, we won’t have to suffer through OT and freakin shoot out.

Just give me some booze.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/03/14 at 10:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/03/14 at 09:21 PM ET

We’ll have none of that! Shut.Whore.Mouth. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 10:27 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

He’s a lawyer, he’s heard way worse I am sure.  LOL

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 10:28 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

He’s a lawyer, he’s heard way worse I am sure.

Kinda like hanging out with family—no one is spared.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/03/14 at 10:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

He’s a lawyer, he’s heard way worse I am sure.
Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 09:28 PM ET

I get paid to talk/write espousing whatever point of view the case calls for; Whore mouth is sorta the job description.  LOL

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/03/14 at 10:31 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Howdy !!!
I’m late to the party..Nice to see we are on top…what’s up with The Monster???  Lets get those two point tonight..please please..
Lets go Red Wings..!!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 02/03/14 at 10:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

He’s a lawyer, he’s heard way worse I am sure.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 09:28 PM ET

I’m gonna guess things like, He’s a lawyer. wink I keed, I keed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 10:32 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Huh. Maybe I’m too comfortable already. I could have swore I typed “MORE booze”

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/03/14 at 10:33 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

21+15+26= Chemistry

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 10:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/03/14 at 09:31 PM ET

Nice one, Captain.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 10:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m gonna guess things like, He’s a lawyer. wink I keed, I keed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 09:32 PM ET

Lawyers, bottom of pool something, something. grin

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 10:39 PM ET

Alan's avatar

“Partially Kronwalled” is a thing, eh? Kesler couldn’t handle a full Kronwalling, and probably would have flopped to the ice in a swan dive.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/03/14 at 10:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

We are so lucky to be Wings fans. Just listening to Mick is a win, win. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 10:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Big boo boo by Tatar.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 10:40 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Jeebsus Tatar.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 10:40 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

When was the last time Kronwall actually Kronwalled anybody.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/03/14 at 10:42 PM ET

Alan's avatar

That was awful, Sauce. Don’t do that.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/03/14 at 10:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Lawyers, bottom of pool something, something.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 09:39 PM ET

Ocean. Good start. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 10:42 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Sauce that was a dopey play. Even if the victim is a Richard.
Kilt it.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/03/14 at 10:43 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

don’t be surprised if the nucks see a bull’s eye on tatar’s back ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/03/14 at 10:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That was a great save.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 10:46 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

don’t be surprised if the nucks see a bull’s eye on tatar’s back ...

The slashing and hacking have started already—or maybe that’s just generic Canuck hockey.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/03/14 at 10:46 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Z hauled down no call.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 10:46 PM ET

Alan's avatar

How did that stay out?

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/03/14 at 10:47 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Jimmah aboot ta get pissed at being run by these nucks.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 02/03/14 at 10:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/03/14 at 09:46 PM ET

Otherwise known as Tortorella Tactics.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/14 at 10:47 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Man Jurco doin some good things but needs to bury one.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/03/14 at 10:47 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

The Griffs line has given them a handful all night, Tatar just had a case of the dumbs for a second.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 10:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Z hauled down no call.

hE wAS dIVING tO tRY aND dRAW a pENALTY!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/03/14 at 10:48 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Griffins leading their conference while missing Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan and Jurco.

Why isnt Blashill coaching the Wings?

Posted by Hootinani on 02/03/14 at 10:50 PM ET