Abel to Yzerman

Best Way To Recover From A Disaster Of A Deadline Day?  BJ’s All Around, Of Course

Oh and you thought I’d go all redolent and mature on you? Now?

Please.

As so often happens when a hint of controversy sneaks into our cozy little camp, the line in the beer foam has been drawn.  Some of us feel yesterday was Kenneth Tick Tock Holland’s worst day.  Others, prefer to go Apollo 19 and claim it as our finest hour.  I made my feelings known yesterday, CVST.  I think Holland had a chance to solidify Detroit as the unquestioned favorite.  I believe he would have done that with the acquisition of a scoring forward and a mean, penalty killing bastard like the one Vancouver picked up or the big dude that landed in Nashville.  I say that with a full understanding that exactly zero offensive firepower changed hands yesterday.  No Nash. No Selanne. Even William Tell stayed put and the rumors flying yesterday had Holland interested in him, too.

My point now and forever is this: Kenny Holland is the best GM in sports and because I can say that I truly believe he should have been able to improve this team.  He felt the stakes were too high and Uncle Mike agreed with him because that’s what Uncle Mike does when the Diggers are scribbling and asking gentle questions.

Yesterday is dead and gone though and onward we move with a team that is still one of the top 5 in the league. Our chances are as good as anyone’s. For that reason I can never stay angry with Tick Tock.  No matter what he did yesterday or will do over the summer, this team is stocked with talent and poised for glory. This year. Next year. Every year.

TPH is down and I don’t know about Quincey. You’ll have to fill me in on that.  We know Datsyuk’s still out, of course. And grumblings out of Hockeytown are that the Moose is down on the third line where his play dictates he belongs.

So we lay the animosity aside and do what we always do: drink heavily and stress as one.

It’s a Live Blog bitches. BJ’s for all of you and serenity must rule the day.

Unless Nash pots a hat trick and then all bets are off.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

bezukov's avatar

Good advice Chief!  LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/28/12 at 09:05 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

LGRW!!!

If Nash scores a hat trick, I fear for the life of my television set.

Bring on the stress and the drinks!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 02/28/12 at 09:11 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I got the booze covered. Tons of it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/28/12 at 09:12 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/28/12 at 09:14 PM ET

dougie's avatar

We had to put down my wife’s dog today. A total surprise, unexpected. It’s just gonna suck for a few days around my house.

Hope to see some of the game, after things settle down a bit. Valium is a helluva drug.

LGRW.

Posted by dougie on 02/28/12 at 09:17 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Sorry to hear about your dog, Dougie. It’s tough to lose a close companion like that. The silence when you come home to an empty house is the worst.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/28/12 at 09:21 PM ET

Buenos dias, Hombre.  A fifth of Davalos at the ready and here’s to you and your shipmates.  Rudders to the home ports, ASAP.

JMac’s in net and half the forward lines are AHLer’s - Horse’s Ass included since he’s playing like one.

Regs, OT, or SO.  Just win the two points.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/28/12 at 09:21 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Dougie, my sympathies to you and your wife.  It is never easy.  I’m so very sorry.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 02/28/12 at 09:23 PM ET

My condolences, dougie.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/28/12 at 09:23 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

ALL ABOARD!!!

Photobucket

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/28/12 at 09:23 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Dougie,

Sorry about your dog brother.  I’ve been there.  I hope your family is alright.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/28/12 at 09:27 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Sorry to hear about your wife’s dog, Dougie. I do hope that things get better for you and the family.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/28/12 at 09:36 PM ET

Something’s come up, 19.  Catch y’all on the flipside.

Go Wings!!!

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/28/12 at 09:45 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Bummer, total bummer.  Sorry to hear that Dougie, that totally sucks.

Hopefully the Wings put a beatdown on the BJ’s tonight, may help just a little.

LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/28/12 at 09:46 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Hey, it’s my birthday. The normal trading day most years. How could they lose on my birthday, why would they lose on my birthday. 2 points for Gunnar’s birthday. Two beers maybe as well…......

Posted by Rdwings28 on 02/28/12 at 09:46 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

I officially have a tear in my eye

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Roanoke, VA on 02/28/12 at 09:46 PM ET

dftns19's avatar

Wearing my Zetterberg jersey around town today. I would have worn McCarty but some of the hockey noobs down here probably would have thought I had customized my own name on a jersey.

No Lidstrom and No Datsyuk is mandatory stress train time. Alcohol relief has been secured.

Posted by dftns19 from Columbus, OH on 02/28/12 at 09:48 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

Talking about the Chief’s post. Sorry about your loss, Dougie.

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Roanoke, VA on 02/28/12 at 09:49 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

no red wings feed yet. have a number of feeds, but waiting to see what they will be

five inches of snow yesterday. gonna get nine more tomorrow. winter on the frozen tundra. when one lives here, anything tick tock does is better than the winter.

my biggest problem with the lack of moves was, i already knew, anybody i wanted to offer for trade bait, would not have gotten me anything more than a bag of pucks. so, kinda guessed kh would stand pat.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/28/12 at 09:51 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by dftns19 from Columbus, OH on 02/28/12 at 06:48 PM ET

As a fellow Columbus denizen, I know exactly how you feel.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/28/12 at 09:59 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog bitches. BJ’s for all of you and serenity must rule the day.

Evenin’ Bitches. Stress it is, Master Chief. It’s who we are. It’s what we do.

Is there anyone among the 19 that isn’t pissed at Mule?

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/28/12 at 10:00 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Very sorry about your loss, Dougie.  My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Do this, Wings!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/28/12 at 10:00 PM ET

Alzy's avatar

Sorry to hear about your dog Dougie.

Stuck at work as usual, so i’ll be catching up much later. Smith with a three point night and a Mule hat trick.

LGRW

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 02/28/12 at 10:01 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I know there is still 19 games until the playoffs, but we fallen from 1st to 4th in conference, we’re on a 3 game losing streak, we’re playing on the road and Pavs, TPH, E52, and Quincey are all out injured. If ever there was a non-playoff game worthy of Gabe’s stress train video, it’s this one…

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/28/12 at 10:01 PM ET

statelouis26's avatar

cheers

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 02/28/12 at 10:01 PM ET

dougie's avatar

My wife is fast asleep. And I am watching the Wings, in hopes of it cheering me up a bit.

Guess that makes my glass half full, eh? Or me half stupid:-)

I’ll let ya know how that worked out a bit later.

Posted by dougie on 02/28/12 at 10:02 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Somebody get me the FSD feed stat.  I’m stuck watching Jeff Rimer…. he’s gotta be the worst tv personality in the English speaking world.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/28/12 at 10:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Huh. No” I’m pissed at Mule too” Wink. And Mick is sitting to the left of Ken.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/28/12 at 10:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

alllllLLLLLLLLLLLL aBOOOOAAAARRRRRRDDDDDD!!!

12 in 12

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/28/12 at 10:04 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

LGRW

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Roanoke, VA on 02/28/12 at 10:04 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I’m hungry. Feed me.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/28/12 at 10:05 PM ET

Alzy's avatar

Nobody out douches the Douche Canoe Bezukov. There’s a ton of shit TV personalities, but I think it’s an impossibility for someone to be worse than the Douche Canoe.

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 02/28/12 at 10:06 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Condolences to you and yours Dougie on the loss of man’s best friend.  I would be devastated if I lost mine.

Posted by calquake on 02/28/12 at 10:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

whoa….firstrowsports is nabbed now too

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/28/12 at 10:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by dougie on 02/28/12 at 06:17 PM ET

When I had to have my dog of 16 years killed by the vet it felt like someone kicked my nuts right up into my stomach.  Condolences, man.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/28/12 at 10:08 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

non of my feeds are FSD

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/28/12 at 10:08 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I think it’s an impossibility for someone to be worse than the Douche Canoe.

Yep, he sucks and swallows, but Edzo has trumped him this season, IMO.

Lets Go Joey Mac.

Posted by dougie on 02/28/12 at 10:08 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Well this should be interesting. Hopefully in a good way. I’m in.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/28/12 at 10:08 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

WestWing's avatar

Here’s to lost friends, missed opportunities and no Lids, no Pavel and no Jimmah.

This should go well.