Abel to Yzerman

Back For More

Most fans are not expecting winning outcomes when they are watching a Wings game. We do expect a good effort though, and to not be completely embarrassed for our team. Thanks to a core of young of players, the last two games have not been too hard to watch. Even some excitement in the mix of late. Anyway, we're getting to see just what the future will hold for the Wings. I'm guessing we'll be here for a while. I'm all in.

The "Yzerplan,"eh?

It's an early Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

wink Winky!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:01 PM ET

Hmmmmm…....

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:12 PM ET

Jinny is in… shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:13 PM ET

Shut up, Mickey!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:13 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Get the hook oot now…... wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:14 PM ET

Yank him! shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:17 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

PooBah in the house!  Seems empty - lol - down by 2 already yikes

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/20 at 06:20 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

tanx kate

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/12/20 at 06:23 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Looks like a houseful….. wink
Just sayin…...

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Looks like a houseful…..

Must be a small house.  cheese  Tuned in late figuring I wouldn’t miss anything… and I see I was right.  poop

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 06:35 PM ET

Shorty….. Suck…

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:36 PM ET

3 goals on 6 shots…

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

3 goals on 6 shots…

That may be Jinnys’ epitaph for his time on the Wings.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 06:41 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Looks like we were too late.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 06:45 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I tend to drift off during games lately, what with such wonderfully talented players. Anyway, between Howard, Nielsen,and Abby they are stealing a combined $13.5 mil and have combined for 3 goals, 9 points and 2 Wins…...let that sink in for a while while I drink myself into a coma… sick

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/12/20 at 06:49 PM ET

calquake's avatar

..let that sink in for a while while I drink myself into a coma…

Say hi to the pink elephants for me.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 06:52 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

No Ozzie it could last forever. Jimmy could suck the rest of the season.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/20 at 06:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Played through the first period to see all the scoring after putting away groceries and warming up some lasagna and feeding the pets.

“Not embarrassed”, eh’ Kate?  Wow, that was pretty close!

Hello Reprobates!

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 06:53 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

No Ozzie it could last forever. Jimmy could suck the rest of the season.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/20 at 05:53 PM ET

He’s done. Not being mean, just realistic.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 06:58 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/20 at 07:00 PM ET

calquake's avatar

“Not embarrassed”, eh’ Kate?  Wow, that was pretty close!

But then Ozzie had to go and give his “polyannaish” critique of Jinny… now I’m embarrassed.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 07:01 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

“Not embarrassed”, eh’ Kate?  Wow, that was pretty close!

Hello Reprobates!

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 05:53 PM ET

Completely embarrassed. Probably hit that by the middle of the period… grrr

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 07:02 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

“Not embarrassed”, eh’ Kate?  Wow, that was pretty close!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 06:01 PM ET

That was annoying cause Howard isn’t good. At all…..

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 07:04 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Hey 19! What’s going on in her—

*looks at score*

...oh. Glad I missed that first period.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/12/20 at 07:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I don’t pay much attention to NFL until playoffs, but they have been much more entertaining than the Wings, sadly.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 07:06 PM ET

calquake's avatar

but they have been much more entertaining than the Wings, sadly.

My ant farm has been more entertaining.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 07:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Fillappoola didn’t fool anyone on that breakaway.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 07:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

but they have been much more entertaining than the Wings, sadly.

My ant farm has been more entertaining.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on

Well, ants are amazing.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 07:11 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I’m certainly glad we’ll have Filpulla around for another year to Sheppard the youngsters, cause that’s about all he’s good for at this stage of his career…

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/12/20 at 07:13 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Well, ants are amazing.

So are aunts.  grin

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 07:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah the Filppula signing to me signaled just how poor the forward pool in the farm system was and that he didn’t think there were many close to NHL level.  Or at least was told that by Draper.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 07:16 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Abdelkader looking for his first of the season.  Cheese and crackers that’s just disturbing.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 07:19 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

According to Elliot Friedman, the Anaheim Ducks have made it known they would be open to taking on other teams “dead” contracts for a price. I hope Stevie has the Duck on his speed-dial…

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/12/20 at 07:20 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I tend to agree. I think the best forwards we have “in the system” are playing here right now.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/12/20 at 07:20 PM ET

Alan's avatar

That’s interesting to note. I wonder what they’re asking.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/12/20 at 07:24 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Bowey!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/12/20 at 07:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

No worries, this explosive Detroit offense can pound out 4 goals in one period.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/20 at 07:27 PM ET

Bowey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/20 at 07:27 PM ET

calquake's avatar

We knew some of those mentioned would struggle but all at the same time? I’m trying to think who (besides Bert, Hronek and Bernier) are having a better season than last year. And I’m sorry but that’s a coaching problem.

Oh hey, we scored.  surprised

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/12/20 at 07:28 PM ET

Cursing…...!