Abel to Yzerman

Autumn’s Closing In…And The Ship Must Be Cleansed

I honestly don’t know how any of us have survived.  Wojo pointed this out today and it reminds me just how much I hate the playoffs.

Since 2010, Detroit’s past 10 playoff losses have been by one goal.

That’s just disgusting.  As disgusting as a Wog? No, but close.

At least if we were Pens fans, our team would be getting blown out and the third periods wouldn’t be so painful.

There is no doubt that this one’s big on a Billy Baroo scale.  They’re not winning this thing after going down 1-3 and losing two straight on home ice.  The penalties have to stop. The pucks need to find space behind some Rinne ass and I’ve got to absolutely slaughter some slimey, motherfuching wogs.

Ah yes. For the first time in my Navy career, I’ve got a serious conflict between the playoffs and maritime tradition.

We cross over into the Raging Main at first light and the cleansing will begin soon after.  More than a thousand Slimey Wogs infest this ship at the moment so it will be a long, torturous process…a process that will prevent me from even following along via the LB comments.  For the first time in more than twenty years, I’ll find out the score of a playoff game well after its completion.

This isn’t a Game 7 but it’s damn close.  Lose this one and we’ll be living by the sword and that’s not where Bullet Bob, King Neptune or Davey By God Jones wants us to be.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches and I’ll either be ravaging my way through the comments afterward or deleting them all in one big bitter fell swoop. Please baby Jesus. Please let it be the former.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Jose Threeorfour is down three six minutes into the game.

Posted by Alex on 04/17/12 at 09:27 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wow…poor Panthers.  I was kinda pulling for them, even though they do have Kopecky

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/17/12 at 09:27 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

i’m in. Dont let me down.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/17/12 at 09:28 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Evening bitches. 15 to 12. 1 game at a time.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/17/12 at 09:28 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MILITARY SPECIAL BOOZE !

See also Gin, Rum,  yeechhh.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/17/12 at 09:29 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

bezukov, go straight to the hard stuff. 2 hours of serious beer drinking, and I am not in the same zip code with enthusiasm.

Posted by dougie on 04/17/12 at 07:12 PM ET

My hockey team is down 2-1 in its playoff series, I had to work late, and there is no liquor in the cabinet, and the only thing in the fridge is Old Milwaukee…. if that isn’t a country song ready to be written I dunno.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/17/12 at 09:30 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by bezukov from Nasburgum delenda est. on 04/17/12 at 07:30 PM ET

You got a dog?  Or a truck at least?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/17/12 at 09:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’ll catch up with you later, I’m watching Seinfeld on TBS.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/17/12 at 09:31 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by bezukov from Nasburgum delenda est. on 04/17/12 at 07:30 PM ET

Until your dog steals your pickup and wife and leaves town, you ain’t no Vince Gill, son.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/17/12 at 09:31 PM ET

YYZerman's avatar

This is the first time I’ve seen some intelligence with regard to this move by the Wings in a while.  Kudos to you my friend.
LGRW.

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 04/17/12 at 06:44 PM ET

Thanks, but be careful who you give kudos to. Although I think since game one Quincy has looked out of place and the same as when he was here as a rookie, I am also a big Hudler fan. Before you go and kick me out of the club. Count how many times a Wing plants in from of the goalie tonight and take notice who it is. Hudler is in the trench more than any other wing besides Homer.

Posted by YYZerman from Detroit, Michigan on 04/17/12 at 09:31 PM ET

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 04/17/12 at 07:26 PM ET

Posting web-links doesn’t work. A link comes out scrambled and unusable.

Posted by Alex on 04/17/12 at 09:32 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ready bitches?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/17/12 at 09:32 PM ET

YYZerman's avatar

Posted by bezukov from Nasburgum delenda est. on 04/17/12 at 07:30 PM ET

Throw a pick-up truck line in there and something about your dog that has passed and I think you’re on to something.

Posted by YYZerman from Detroit, Michigan on 04/17/12 at 09:34 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I know this picture is a little outdated…but the message still stands

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/17/12 at 09:34 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

R
S
V

15 to 12 in ‘12 ... Start.On.Time.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/17/12 at 09:35 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Fuch 3 - 2.  I want the Wings to win 9-0.

I can’t even type that with a straight face.  I miss swagger…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/17/12 at 09:35 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I’m on time. Wings be on time.
LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/17/12 at 09:35 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

We’ve got to move their Pekka. We have to get their Pekka going from side to side.

They have a big Pekka, but we can beat him.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/17/12 at 09:35 PM ET

barnburner13's avatar

They also have Military Special Tequila…saw it at the class 6 yesterday, stomach turned just glancing at it.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!

Posted by barnburner13 from Fort Drum, NY on 04/17/12 at 09:36 PM ET

slimelord's avatar

Let’s go let’s go let’s go I am ready let’s go please.

Posted by slimelord on 04/17/12 at 09:36 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Theyngot a Pekka, but Jimmah"s got a DONG

Posted by dougie on 04/17/12 at 09:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Babcock keys to game - start on time, be physical early, and go get the goalie.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/17/12 at 09:38 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!

Posted by barnburner13 from Fort Drum, NY on 04/17/12 at 07:36 PM ET

Oh my…I can’t even imagine….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/17/12 at 09:38 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Nice buckle Karen.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/17/12 at 09:38 PM ET

Karen Newman

www(dot)sportlemon(dot)tv/v-2/18/174/v-397500.html

Posted by Alex on 04/17/12 at 09:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Babcock keys to game - start on time, be physical early, and go get the goalie.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/17/12 at 09:39 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Karen fully into it tonite. Punctuated with another beautiful splat.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/17/12 at 09:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“giant angry beaver”  -  they know my ex-wife ??

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/17/12 at 09:40 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

L.G.R.W.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/17/12 at 09:41 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

You got a dog?  Or a truck at least?

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/17/12 at 07:31 PM ET

Even the dog (Gordie, you’ll never guess where I got that name) looks like he needs a beer (joking).

Does a beat up Oldsmobile count as a truck?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/17/12 at 09:41 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Now win this faceoff too and make it a habit.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/17/12 at 09:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 04/17/12 at 07:26 PM ET

Posting web-links doesn’t work. A link comes out scrambled and unusable.

Posted by Alex on 04/17/12 at 07:32 PM ET

Ok,  sorry about that, bummer.

Have you tried the button <a> above?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/17/12 at 09:41 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Not into basketball, but why is Lebron Ovechkin talking about MJ?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/17/12 at 09:41 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

OH what a chance

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/17/12 at 09:43 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Let’s do this shit.

Working through the second half of that bottle of rotgut.  Give me strength to get through the rest because I think it’s eating through the glass of my decanter.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/17/12 at 07:15 PM ET

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/17/12 at 09:43 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Z line flying early.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/17/12 at 09:43 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Yea well done radalov with that snapshot from the blue line that lidstrom *#$%@& blocked and you did a bunch of pointless stick handling right before. Nice fuching play.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/17/12 at 09:43 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Karen fully into it tonite. Punctuated with another beautiful splat.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/17/12 at 07:40 PM ET

You too huh?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/17/12 at 09:43 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

How the hell does Gaustad win EVERY FACEOFF!!!?

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 04/17/12 at 09:44 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Fill this with the good stuff.

Empty.

Repeat.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/17/12 at 09:44 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »