Abel to Yzerman

Almost Home, But Two In Carolina First…Thanks Gary

And when I say "home", I mean done.

That feels like home, sounds like home, beckons me like home.

Meanwhile, you guys talked goaltending today.

On TMR, you conducted yourselves well.

And when I say "well", I mean maturely. When I say "maturely", I mean your conversation was civil, and your points were well-reasoned.

I'll say it again: Jimmy Howard is the best Red Wing goalie. His injury history, not his age, is the only reason I'd consider keeping mercurial Mrazek over him.  Howard is, simply, better.

A season-low 36 comments on last night's LB. I know. I understand. Believe me when I tell you I'm not being passive aggressive. It's kind of, you know, not my gender.

Oh stop, ladies. Just kidding (mostly).

The LB has dropped and dropped then plummeted. I attribute it to two things:

(1) The Wings, Ken Holland specifically, have failed and we don't stomach it well

(2) I've been a whining little bitch about it.

Optimism will return. It will. In July or something.

Meanwhile, it's a Live Blog bitches.

LGRW and FKH ASAP.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

As long as it’s not Douche Kane or Cindy raising a cup in June, I’ll be ok for July.

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 03/27/17 at 06:10 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

July what year, Master Chief?
July 2017 will be far from a month of optimism.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/17 at 06:33 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Optimism will return. It will. In July or something.

Meanwhile, it’s a Live Blog bitches.

LGRW and FKH ASAP.

“I have no reason to over optimistic, but somehow when you smile I can brave bad weather.” cool smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 06:36 PM ET

BrendonTO's avatar

LGRW!

Posted by BrendonTO on 03/27/17 at 06:43 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Well, 25 years was a great run. No other modern sports franchise can say as much. We were spoiled. But I’m also looking at this in a positive. It is the “DO-OVER” we have been sorely lacking and wanting for a long time to come. Was it due to all the playoff runs? Yes and no. Gotta throw in some lousy choices and mismanagement too, so we can swallow it down. It’s like trying to chug a Ice Cold Hamm’s brew, its still horse piss. But you drink it anyway as that was all that was available.

This team is in a position come July 1st to make course changes that can right the ship. But I’m weary of the Captain and 1st Mate.

I’m scared Bwana, I’m scared!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/27/17 at 06:47 PM ET

A season-low 36 comments on last night’s LB.

I think 20 of those were me.  Felt like I was talking to myself.  Only way to have an intelligent conversation though, right?  wink

L.G.R.W.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:03 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mick is talkin Larkin. He seems a bit dismayed with the way he"s been used(or nor) this season.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 07:06 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

(or not) Stupid keyboard….

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 07:08 PM ET

That hit looked dangerous and unnecessary.  Glad Tats is OK

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:12 PM ET

Oh, Brad Watson is one of the refs?  That explains the no-call

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:14 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan Y’all !!

Lets Go Red Wings..clap clap clap !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/27/17 at 07:16 PM ET

Leaky Petr

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:18 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Ugh! Leaky goal.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 07:19 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Trade him…please

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/27/17 at 07:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Of course.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 07:21 PM ET

Guess the striped clowns are only watching the guys in white so far.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:21 PM ET

Yep…there’s Helm.  shut eye

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:30 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/17 at 07:31 PM ET

The only way I would have more sure the Wings weren’t scoring on that break away is if it was Sheahan instead of Helm.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:32 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Evening Bitches - I was here for a bit yesterday I just didn’t bother to comment.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/27/17 at 07:33 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Detroit icon Mr. Belvidere died . He was 95. RIP sir.

“Call Tyler 8-7100 for your home improvement date. “

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 07:33 PM ET

I absolutely hate that home opener stat for the Canes.  It’s complete randomness and has no actual bearing on making the playoffs

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:38 PM ET

“Sparse crowd here tonight”, as opposed to the sell out is normally is there, Ken?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:43 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I think Ken might be having a rough night - Not sure if anyone else caught it but he said on Helm’s breakaway miss that “he almost made it one nothing”.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/27/17 at 07:46 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 07:43 PM ET

Nothin’ could be fine-uh.  tongue wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 07:52 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Hey wait a minute!! It’s only 4:50pm and the game is already started!!!

Out in San Jose for a work assignment…..Not sure how you west coasters survive games starting while still at work.. hmmm

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/27/17 at 07:55 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola bitches. Need to make a road trip to a caines game one of these years
Down by a goal as usual. What else is new?
Ozzie on a cool tour of the Joe. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/27/17 at 07:57 PM ET

Have the Wings gotten to their 100th too many men on the ice penalty for the year yet?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 08:06 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Whew!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 08:09 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Lazy change causes offside. These guys are just so lackadaisical when making player changes. No excuses.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/27/17 at 08:14 PM ET

Jurco just scored his first of the year tonight, your move Riley.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 08:14 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

bench him smile

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/27/17 at 08:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>>>BOOM<<<

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/17 at 08:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mantha!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/27/17 at 08:17 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Yeah Mantha with the AA speed. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/27/17 at 08:17 PM ET

Manta 1-1 cheese

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/17 at 08:17 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Nice Goal

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/27/17 at 08:17 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I said bench him

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/27/17 at 08:18 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>>>BOOM<<<

>>>BOOM<<<

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/17 at 08:19 PM ET

Mantha again 2-1 cheese