Abel to Yzerman

All Aboard…Play Time Is Over, Live Blogging The 7th Re-Grand-Redolent Opening Of The Hasek

I really have no idea if this is the 7th year of the Stress Train.  We may have actually christened it in May of 2007…because that was one painful playoff year, bitches.  So it could be six.

February is upon us, or me, really.  It’s on me. I want to be..on February.  Sorry. Anchorman gets me sometimes.  In past years it’s been a painful, horror show of a month. Way Western trips thanks to Tiny Tim the Commish, injuries, losing streaks, goalie controversies, suicidal Legaces.  Hossa, Zetterberg and Yzerman contract worries.  It all seems to crash down on us in this sick twisted fuch of a month.

Oh, but I’m sure now that it’s a “four-team race”...(that’s a lie and every one of you knows it.  It’s coming down to us and the Blackhawks…and you know they’re gonna make a move, right Kenny? Right..tick..TOCK) that’s gonna make it all better, eh?  A little competition is going to make this one just flyyyy by even though it’s a Leap Year, oh yes it is.

No. We have pain on the horizon and that’s why the Stress Train is here for you.  We can’t make the pain go away but we can give you a comfy, stench-ridden, dark place where you and your fake friends can sit close but not too close but still pretty damn close and worry together.  Voox has the Hasek open and the cheap Ten High whiskey is literally on tap and flowing. It’s disgusting but it’s ours.

So up late we stay, or up early in my case.  It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  A Live Blog to kick off this god forsaken second half of a season that can only end with 12.  Only 12 because it is so decreed.

12 in 12 bitches. 12 in 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12

Bent's avatar

Good game, a slow second, but excusable.  Nice win.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/01/12 at 02:40 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Pizza just arrived….I’m outta here!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/01/12 at 02:40 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

so, happy with the game winning goal eh?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/01/12 at 02:40 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Ima not gonna complain Bill.

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 02:40 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Maybe they should stick Z with Pavel some, at least Z is usually engaged in the game outside of shooting and maybe that would coax some more shots out of him and hopefully more goals.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/01/12 at 02:40 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah is fuching unreal! And, best of all, a mostly solid road WIN.

Reversing the trend. One game at a time.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 02:41 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

So wrong to have a Dr. Rhamani commercial right after that Bernstein commercial

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/01/12 at 02:41 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Well kids, as i said earlier, all I want now is wins and points.

The boy and I are boarding a train for Vancouver in the morning.  Hope we come back with a win!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 02:41 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

3 wings stars:
Jimmy
Flip
Abby

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/01/12 at 02:42 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Well kids, as i said earlier, all I want now is wins and points.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/31/12 at 11:41 PM ET

Have a great time and give them all a salute from the “19”.

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 02:42 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

another “W”

book it
n
g’nite

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/01/12 at 02:43 AM ET

Vancouver.  Thursday night.  Wings will need a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better effort than tonight.

so, happy with the game winning goal eh?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 11:40 PM ET

Dude, punny.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 02:44 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/31/12 at 11:41 PM ET

Have a blast, stay safe, and, try not to start any riots.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 02:44 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nighty, night.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 02:45 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Have a great time and give them all a salute from the “19”.

Posted by calquake on 01/31/12 at 11:42 PM ET

We’ll be three rows from the glass in the corner of the Wings’ “attack zone” in the 1st and 3rd.  I’ll be the dude in the Yzerman jersey.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 02:48 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Have a Riot in Vancouver!

4957035.bin

4957042.bin

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/01/12 at 02:49 AM ET

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/31/12 at 11:48 PM ET

Fantastic.  Have fun, West!

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 02:50 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RWBill from Jerry Sandusky’s defense team. on 01/31/12 at 11:49 PM ET

Even Jerry Sandusky would be embarrassed by that.

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 02:50 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Even Jerry Sandusky would be embarrassed by that.

Posted by calquake on 01/31/12 at 11:50 PM ET

Wow, I went out and changed my profile signature just in time.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/01/12 at 02:53 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Remember, they weren’t Canucks fans who were rioting.

4957043.bin

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/01/12 at 02:55 AM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

P.S.  I’d love to see the “circus” reunited for a while.

Posted by calquake on 01/31/12 at 11:39 PM ET

I was just thinking earlier today, what if Babs moved Z up to the first line to “catch fire” from Pav and Bert? Franzen with Flip and Hudler would…

...awww sh*t, never mind. Flip needs a center, he’s better at the wing. It’s TOO risky, I daresay. But I think he’ll come out of it soon. Flying Circus on the PP shouldn’t present any problems.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 02/01/12 at 02:55 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Just finishing up packing here.  Thanks for the well wishes Kate, SYF and Bill.  We’ll definitely try to avoid any sort of rioting.

As much as I’m looking forward to the Wings’ game, the coolest part of the trip might actually be the next night.  The WHL Vancouver Giants will be hosting Gordie Howe Legends Night.  A chance to see Wings’ prospect Marek Tvrdon play will be a nice bonus there as well.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 04:59 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Someone, anyone, put out an APB for one Mule.  I swear to goodness that on too many nights he has a puck deflector on his stick and refuses to engage anyone physically.  Noticed the term “floater” about him last night, and I’m starting to agree.  1 freaking shot, playing with Magic?

Have a great time WW.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/01/12 at 11:56 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Good evening, bitches.  Let’s get this party started!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/01/12 at 12:06 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Best fans, of the greatest team in sports.

Man, what a privilege it is to be a Detroit Red Wings fan.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/01/12 at 01:53 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Westie, have a great trip.

OKie, congrats on the award. Does this mean that Jr. is home safe and sound? My wife’s only cousin was a submariner and he has a son in the army. The son has done three tours in A-stan. Her cousin and his wife are on pins and needles every day their son is deployed.

I know we have a few cyclists in the 19. I just saw this in the new Colorado Cyclist catalogue:

I’ll be riding in one of these very soon. The manufacturer, VO Max, also sells matching shorts and arm warmers if you want to rock the entire team kit.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/01/12 at 02:47 PM ET

dougie's avatar

wonder what it is like to walk on ice with high heel shoes?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 09:07 PM ET

My stepsons tell me it’s not too bad, but they don’t wear their FMPs with spike heels on ice.

Posted by dougie on 02/01/12 at 02:59 PM ET