Abel to Yzerman

All Aboard…Play Time Is Over, Live Blogging The 7th Re-Grand-Redolent Opening Of The Hasek

I really have no idea if this is the 7th year of the Stress Train.  We may have actually christened it in May of 2007…because that was one painful playoff year, bitches.  So it could be six.

February is upon us, or me, really.  It’s on me. I want to be..on February.  Sorry. Anchorman gets me sometimes.  In past years it’s been a painful, horror show of a month. Way Western trips thanks to Tiny Tim the Commish, injuries, losing streaks, goalie controversies, suicidal Legaces.  Hossa, Zetterberg and Yzerman contract worries.  It all seems to crash down on us in this sick twisted fuch of a month.

Oh, but I’m sure now that it’s a “four-team race”...(that’s a lie and every one of you knows it.  It’s coming down to us and the Blackhawks…and you know they’re gonna make a move, right Kenny? Right..tick..TOCK) that’s gonna make it all better, eh?  A little competition is going to make this one just flyyyy by even though it’s a Leap Year, oh yes it is.

No. We have pain on the horizon and that’s why the Stress Train is here for you.  We can’t make the pain go away but we can give you a comfy, stench-ridden, dark place where you and your fake friends can sit close but not too close but still pretty damn close and worry together.  Voox has the Hasek open and the cheap Ten High whiskey is literally on tap and flowing. It’s disgusting but it’s ours.

So up late we stay, or up early in my case.  It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  A Live Blog to kick off this god forsaken second half of a season that can only end with 12.  Only 12 because it is so decreed.

12 in 12 bitches. 12 in 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

Never crossed, did it?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/01/12 at 12:53 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

No goal…Ref was right on it.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/01/12 at 12:53 AM ET

Tronna says, “No goal.”

Zata interfered with.  Zebra suckage.  No call.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 12:54 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

nutz

right call, but ... nutz

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/01/12 at 12:54 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I wonder if Blake Comeau has an uncle named Perry?

I got it…<sigh>

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/01/12 at 12:54 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Good save, but unfortunately Cleary more or less shot the puck right at him.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 12:55 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Bud Lynch scares me.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/01/12 at 12:55 AM ET

I wonder if Blake Comeau has an uncle named Perry?

I got it…<sigh>

Posted by Rumbear from Top O da Hasek, enjoying the fight on 01/31/12 at 09:54 PM ET

Wonder if he also lives next door to George Clooney in Italy as well.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 12:55 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I wonder if Blake Comeau has an uncle named Perry?

I got it…<sigh>

Oh hell yes! Me too.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 12:55 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Scarlett Ribbons, for her hair.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 12:56 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Kate, were dating ourselves…

If I live to be a hundred
I will never know from where
Came those lovely scarlet ribbons
Scarlet ribbons for her hair…

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/01/12 at 01:03 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

oh, man. I will have to be on the treadmill for four hours, if i don’t stop eating spice cake.

concerning freeredwings.tv/ i think they are aboot 55 seconds behind live. i know xm is normally between 15-20 seconds behind, and the gore feed is aboot 35 seconds behind that.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/01/12 at 01:03 AM ET

Doesn’t feel like it but Wings have 10 SOGs to the Flames’ five.  Murf’s ‘splaining the breakout play that led to Emmerton’s goal was pretty damn nice.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 01:05 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

we’re dating ourselves…

I tried dating myself, but it just didn’t work out.  I turned out to be pretty high maintanence.  Nothing was ever good enough.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 01:05 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Kate, were dating ourselves…

I used to do that a lot before I got married… oh, wait… you mean… nevermind.

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 01:05 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Of course the Cindy intermission report.

Not a bad 1st after a sluggish start. Keep er going boys.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/01/12 at 01:06 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by calquake on 01/31/12 at 10:05 PM ET

You too Cal?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 01:07 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O da Hasek, enjoying the fight on 01/31/12 at 10:03 PM ET

I’ll say. Hot Diggity Dog.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 01:07 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Scarlett Ribbons, for her hair.

Jim Reeves or The Browns?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/01/12 at 01:08 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/01/12 at 01:09 AM ET

calquake's avatar

You too Cal?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/31/12 at 10:07 PM ET

My left hand and I were engaged at one time. cheese

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 01:09 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jim Reeves or The Browns?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 10:08 PM ET

Perry Como.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 01:09 AM ET

I will vacation here one day.

Definitely on my bucket list.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 01:11 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Older than the Cosmic Dust.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 01:11 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Posted by 42jeff

Is that Johnny Ericsson?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/01/12 at 01:11 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Phooey..picture posting fail.  Some of my friends downrange sent this picture a while back.  Just like the look of “Sleep soundly.  I am patiently waiting here to go kick some ass.”

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/01/12 at 01:11 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Perry Como was good but Jim Reeves ruled around our house.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/01/12 at 01:12 AM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Was anyone watching the Flames feed by chance (its the only one on CI)? they showed a reverse angle of the no-goal….that had to be in, kipper knocked it in…but i digress.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 02/01/12 at 01:12 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Minny 4-1 over NSH in the 3rd.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/01/12 at 01:12 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

My left hand and I were engaged at one time.

Posted by calquake on 01/31/12 at 10:09 PM ET

Yeah, and if your left hand ever fell asleep, I bet you and Righty had a little thing on the side.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 01:12 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 01/31/12 at 10:09 PM ET

i know it sounds crazy to say it, but i miss hearing tankers and buffs flying over head on take off, from k.i.sawyer. nothing shook the ground like a flight of them flying over my in-laws trailer.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/01/12 at 01:12 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Took this one on our ramp a couple winters back.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/01/12 at 01:12 AM ET

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 01/31/12 at 10:09 PM ET

Superb plane.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 01:12 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

.that had to be in, kipper knocked it in…

I thought he did too.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/01/12 at 01:13 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Bert, you’re becoming a liability.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/01/12 at 01:13 AM ET

Zebra suckage.  C’mon, ref.  That was called finishing his check.

‘Tard.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 01:14 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/31/12 at 10:12 PM ET

Shhhhhh…. the better half would never understand.

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 01:14 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

They ignored all that shit in the 1st and now they’re calling that?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/01/12 at 01:14 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Bert 2 mins for being a former Flame

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/01/12 at 01:14 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 01/31/12 at 10:09 PM ET

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 10:12 PM ET

Indeed.  I absolutely miss the F-111 though…my favorite of all time..  Though most of us aircraft maintenance folks always tend to be somewhat partial to our first…..

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/01/12 at 01:14 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »