Abel to Yzerman

All Routes To Mankato Are Closed: There’s A Killer On The Road

"Little House" never scared me. Sure, when Mary went blind and that little skank Nellie started tricking on her 16th birthday? Disturbing.  But never scared, really.  It wasn't a scary show. It was family. It was Pa battling a few broken ribs to protect the clan from savage rats. It was Mr. Angel, wasted on corn whiskey but lovable. It was Albert with the lisp stoned to the bejesus belt on morphine up in the hay loft.

The Ingalls sisters stayed grounded.  And we loved them for it.  But they never had to deal with the likes of a really bad man.

Well, tonite they do. Tonite, Little House is back in a stirring return on FS-Detroit, brought to you by the Bernstein Law Firm and that idiotic sports store who claims "the strike is over."  And don't you think for a second it's going to be all giggles and light. No.

The Ingalls sisters leave the innocence of Walnut Grove and travel east to the mean streets of Detroit. It's there that Mary and Laura, together again because they each have agents now, find out that the world can be much more cruel and sinister than just the leering gaze of Nels Olsen at the tail end of a barn dance.  Tonite, it's the Ingalls sisters battling a serial killer, a sociopath, a wacked out toothless bearded bastard who wreaked havoc in the Rockies ten years ago and hasn't stopped killing since.

Little Half Pint and her blind dimwitted sister Mary take to the ice in Detroit tonite, a place they could have called home had they not elected to live together in harmony and song for the rest of their Cup-less lives.

Bring it ladies.  Our Serial Killer awaits and his brain is squirming like a frigging toad.  It's a live blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›      Next »

RorSchach's avatar

Yak.. Rofl.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/25/13 at 09:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

omg repeat penalties like the third period of the game we won.  you remember that one game.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/25/13 at 09:45 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I am getting sick of all the chintzy calls.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/13 at 09:45 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

what the hell was that?!! not racing to the puck? my 82 year old mother could skate faster than that.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/25/13 at 09:45 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Good to see the refs cracking down on the dives.

Didn’t you hear, hockey’s the new soccer.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/25/13 at 09:45 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

get that murderin bastid #15 off the ice!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/25/13 at 09:45 PM ET

Brooklyn Deuce's avatar

I swear, every time I throw in the towel on this team they suck me back in.

My wife asks me why I watch games of the teams I love even when there is no championships on the line with my heart in my throat and all I can say is that love is a strange beast.

Posted by Brooklyn Deuce from Fauborg Marigny on 01/25/13 at 09:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

mick calling a dive, too.

” ... Minnesota players having their feet go out from under them for no reason at all ... “

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/25/13 at 09:46 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

And the PK of death - - continues

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/25/13 at 09:47 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

fuchin rollercoaster

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 01/25/13 at 09:47 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Kronwall pulled a Homer..

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/25/13 at 09:47 PM ET

I said it in a previous game thread but I’ll mention it again.  The lack of preseason games has really shown in the officiating at the beginning of the year.  Not good.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/25/13 at 09:48 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

walnut grove…...

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/25/13 at 09:48 PM ET

Brooklyn Deuce's avatar

Awesome. Tied game.

Posted by Brooklyn Deuce from Fauborg Marigny on 01/25/13 at 09:48 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I swear I’ve had farts that lasted longer than that two goal lead.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/25/13 at 09:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

no body near gilbert

point blank wrister

where’s the D???

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/25/13 at 09:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I swear I’ve had farts that lasted longer than that two goal lead.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/25/13 at 08:48 PM ET

Remind me not to sit near you at the next A2Y gathering.

Posted by calquake on 01/25/13 at 09:49 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

no body near gilbert

Melissa Gilbert?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/25/13 at 09:50 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/25/13 at 08:48 PM ET

Kronwall was right in front of Jimmeh.. Excellent screen.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/25/13 at 09:50 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

no body near gilbert

point blank wrister

where’s the D???

south of bay city lol

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/25/13 at 09:50 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Remind me not to sit near you at the next A2Y gathering.

Just keep me away from the broccoli.  Broccoli farts are the worst.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/25/13 at 09:51 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Kronwall was right in front of Jimmeh.. Excellent screen.

Net front presence.  Kronner is the Anti-Homer

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/25/13 at 09:53 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Not sure why there wasn’t a tripping call on that. But hey.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/25/13 at 09:53 PM ET

Brooklyn Deuce's avatar

Remind me not to sit near you at the next A2Y gathering.

Just keep me away from the broccoli.  Broccoli farts are the worst.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/25/13 at 08:51 PM ET

No. Red beans and rice farts are what fueled Belsen dude.

Posted by Brooklyn Deuce from Fauborg Marigny on 01/25/13 at 09:53 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

can’t help wondering what the wings would be like if the sisters played for us.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/25/13 at 09:53 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

At least we had a lead this game.

Thats only happened one other time this year - - so there is that

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/25/13 at 09:54 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Abby, Helm and Cleary…. the no hands line.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/25/13 at 09:54 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Mule actually played a shift.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/25/13 at 09:55 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

wild with a time out?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/25/13 at 09:56 PM ET

Mule actually played a shift.

Well he takes so many off so he can build up energy for that one really good shift…...

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/25/13 at 09:57 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

There goes the tie.

DET to the PK

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/25/13 at 09:57 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

what da ‘ell? hooking?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/25/13 at 09:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

JFC.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/25/13 at 09:57 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

God.. I don’t know if I can take much more of this. Just keep that Door open. And give then some frequent bin miles too.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/25/13 at 09:58 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Wings start to play decent and the Refs keep stepping in…

Posted by tkfergy on 01/25/13 at 09:58 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

is there a red drink i could have to get me out of the matrix? no way the wings are this bad in the real world.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/25/13 at 09:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Y’all are just seeing a glimpse of what the “Dead Wings” were like.

Posted by calquake on 01/25/13 at 09:59 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Bill Hogaboam getting checked by Parise Sr.?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/13 at 10:00 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Silent invisible fatrs are the worst. That makes Franzen’s farts the worst.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/25/13 at 10:00 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by calquake on 01/25/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Unfortunately - - I remember those dark days.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/25/13 at 10:01 PM ET