Abel to Yzerman

All Is Well…The Horror Is Over

Clearly, everything is going to be just fine.  We have no reason to worry.  Finally, a victory ending a losing streak that had reached 28 consecutive games in terms of the emotional toll it took on all 19 of us.

Or you shrugged your shoulders weeks ago, comfortable in your opinion that this season is a farce hoisted on us by a dwarf in a top hat and 30 owners in his sticky pocket.

Either way, all is well.

And the Wings are moving East because Gary finally decided the time was right.  Nice timing, eh?

Put the Wings in the Eastern Conference ten years ago, we'd be looking forward to Cup number 15 this June instead of the glad-to-be-in-the-9-spot fetal position we're all in now.

Nope.  Wait, wait, wait until it looks like Detroit is in a "transition" period and now it's finally time to move us East?  Whatever.

It's an early afternoon live blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10

cigar_nurse's avatar

What we couldn’t win by 2 field goals? The bums. Have a great workweek 19. See ya Wednesday.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/24/13 at 07:38 PM ET

monkey's avatar

And a good day to all…forsooth!

Bonjour.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/24/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Ok Jeff so I’m assuming if I save that post and find what it’s for, I have some free software of some sort?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/24/13 at 07:25 PM ET

check your pM

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/24/13 at 07:27 PM ET

I actually see where you posted it, I was just a little behind live in the game, so I wasn’t caught up to the posts.  Don’t worry, I won’t steal your key, software acftivation sucks.

Great game wings, I haven’t laughed about a game (in a good way) in a long time.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/24/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Bent's avatar

And another thing, the wings had 2 goals called back!  One rightfully so, but still.  10 past Luongo is a good time.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/24/13 at 07:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

ok so I was inebriated for the later half of last nights LB…what id I miss with all the “bonjour”?

Bonjour.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/24/13 at 07:43 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

And a good day to all…forsooth!

Posted by calquake on 02/24/13 at 07:37 PM ET

We shall meet again in 12 days less than a fortnight.(huh?)

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

12 EDM17 7 7 3 17 5

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/24/13 at 07:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

All Is Well…The Horror Is Over

by IwoCPO on 02/24/13 at 04:26 PM ET

But just beginning for Luuuuuongo

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/24/13 at 07:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Don’t forget to stretch out those creamy hamstrings !

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/24/13 at 07:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I read in the internet that the Red Wings won 8-3.  It must be true, I read it on the internet.

Bonjour !

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/24/13 at 07:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Although it is temporary pending other teams’ games in hand, this looks a heck of a lot better.  What an unlikely way to get 4/6 points in the last 3 games.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/24/13 at 08:16 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Just watched the highlights.  My favorite goal was when Brunner was battling for the puck along the side wall, then he just turned around and fired it straight into the net.  Lu-ser had no idea what the fuch had just happened.  HAHAHAHAHA!

Bonjour!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/25/13 at 09:53 AM ET

Heh.  During yesterday’s huge win, I gave up trying to hide my erection after the fifth goal.  lol

I was frickin’ shameless.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/25/13 at 01:03 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Holee Schiznits, someone on DET’s coaching staff should be paying attention to the B’s PK:

The Bruins haven’t given up a power play goal in the last six games, running their league-best penalty-killing to 94.8% on the season. When you consider they’ve allowed three power play goals against all season, and scored twice shorthanded, they are a net minus-1 in 56 penalty kills this season.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/25/13 at 05:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That is insane.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/25/13 at 06:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Luongo felt so bad after last night’s game that he threw himself in front of a bus, but it went between his legs.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/25/13 at 06:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/25/13 at 06:26 PM ET

That joke is 60 decades old. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/25/13 at 06:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/25/13 at 06:26 PM ET

That joke is 60 decades old.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/25/13 at 06:52 PM ET

I honestly have never heard that one before so no matter WHAT Kate says, III thought it was funny, Bill.  smile

:cashes in on RW brownie points:

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/25/13 at 07:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That joke is 60 decades old.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/25/13 at 06:52 PM ET

Just like us!

Who said this here?  What time is it?  8 past Luongo.  Something like that.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/25/13 at 10:25 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How crazy is this?  The season - farse of a season - is almost half over and Hawks have not lost a game in regulation yet.  15-0-3   33 of 36 possible points, hahaha.

But we’ve got Franzen, so there.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/25/13 at 11:21 PM ET

monkey's avatar

But we’ve got Franzen, so there.

The most dominant 19 game run to open a lockout shortened regular season in NHL history.  I feel a first round sweep coming on.  Congratulations to them.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/26/13 at 06:55 AM ET

monkey's avatar

That’s fascinating.  Considering they’ve gone 0 for the power play on the road and have given up two shorthanded goals on the road as well, the Red Wings power play is a net minus-2 when not playing at the Joe.  Chew on that.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/26/13 at 07:04 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It is nice to be able to joke aboot the other team being on the wrong side of a blowout for a change.  The first time I heard the one aboot the bus was during the Dead Things era, directed at Rogie Vachon. He was one of a few good goaltenders that ended their careers or had their careers ended in Detroit in the late 60’s early 70’s. Eddie Giacomin comes to mind too. Bad times.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/26/13 at 10:23 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

It is nice to be able to joke aboot the other team being on the wrong side of a blowout for a change.  The first time I heard the one aboot the bus was during the Dead Things era.  Bad times.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/26/13 at 10:23 AM ET

Wow you are ancient!!

Note:  the first Tiger baseball game I saw in color was walking up the ramp into the upper deck at Briggs Stadium.  Somehow even the brown dirt of the infield was stunningly beautiful, contrasting with crisp white lines and the greenest grass I ever saw. A great time until the 7th inning when my older brother got bored and started scribbling on my scorebook and we got into a fight and I hated him.  My dad still remembered that fight into his eighties, I think because he was so proud to take us to a Tiger game and we EFF’ed it up.

I know that feeling, as does anyone who has ever had kids, or seen kids behave in public.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/26/13 at 12:56 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Kate. I was going to write the same thing except Jimmy Rutherford was the goalie I was thinking. What a stinker he was. Bad days weren’t they ? Reed Larson was our TPH with a blistering slapper from the point and Perry Miller threw the best hip checks on a consistent basis I ever saw. Too bad those are outlawed now. Thanks Gary. Ass

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/26/13 at 09:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I remember Jimmy Rutherford well, and, Reeeeed! was hear loud and clear through out the Olympia. I was at the last game played at the Olympia. Reed Larson scored 2 goals, one from each point, if I remember correctly, to give us a 4-4 tie with the No-Dicks( no cups). His shot is legendary. Those were the days.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!