Abel to Yzerman

Abstinence Is The Only Cure

We've endured losing streaks before.  Usually in February, like this one.  Only those were different because our midget commissioner hadn't ordered a five-month snow day.

This one is horribler, a word I rarely use but it's a real word because I checked.  It's horribler because if there's one thing we learned from The Natural, it's that losing is a disease as contagious as syphilis.  I don't want to catch sypilis and I've taken certain steps over the course of my life to ensure I haven't.  But if losing is contagious like that disease does that mean only the players themselves will catch it or the fans too?  I do not want syphilis.

Please win. I'm allergic to penicillin and I really dislike Nashville.

It's a Live Blog bitches.  We're all in serious trouble.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

42jeff's avatar

I can’t find my blizzard pics from two years ago, but between Dec 24 to 27 we got 35 inches of snow….and then it started blowing….by new years I had a drift completely up the front of my garage.

My kids sledded down it for the next week.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/23/13 at 07:50 PM ET

monkey's avatar

choke a horse.

Is that what they’re calling it now?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:50 PM ET

alukacs's avatar

anyone with a feed plz?

Posted by alukacs on 02/23/13 at 07:50 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

She offered to pay me and took out a wad of twentys that would choke a horse.

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 07:49 PM ET

She would know.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/23/13 at 07:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

choke a horse.

Is that what they’re calling it now?

Choke a bitch is so passe’ now.

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 07:52 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by alukacs on 02/23/13 at 07:50 PM ET

Hit up VIPbox.tv

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:52 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I remember those snows too - long, long ago.  We had so much fun as kids.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

feed

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/23/13 at 07:53 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Anyone got the Datsyuk fathead yet?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:53 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I remember those snows too - long, long ago.  We had so much fun as kids.

I remember the drifts would be so big we would build forts inside them.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

60 decades lol, there she goes again.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:54 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Snow days galore!

i think the local kids here have had 8 snow days this year so far.

just a wee bit of snow here near ‘da yoopers tourist trap’

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I remember the drifts would be so big we would build forts inside them.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 02/23/13 at 07:54 PM ET

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Not that it matters much - - since we have managed to blow more leads of late than the girls on Woodward.

Took the bosses car from the airport late one night.  Cruisin 8 mile and calling the girls an his olde tyme “car phone”. We were responsibly price shopping.  All went well, until the end of the month when the phone bill came in. Seems his wife paid the bills….not happy. Boss not happy. Then he quizzed us…SHTF.  Loved that job. (no pun in ten did)

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 02/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

alukacs's avatar

gracias

Posted by alukacs on 02/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

feed

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/13 at 07:56 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

60 decades lol, there she goes again.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/23/13 at 07:54 PM ET

You know I was kidding wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 07:57 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Hookers on speed dial.  Who did you work for, Jiri Hudler?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:58 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from the Top O the Hasek, looking for a goal… on 02/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

Great story!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:58 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

60 decades lol, there she goes again.

Grover Cleveland was a good President….twice.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 02/23/13 at 07:58 PM ET

monkey's avatar

60 decades lol, there she goes again.

When 900 years you reach look as good you will not.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Climate change is perpetual.  Man made induced climate change is the myth.  I should know, I’m the one with the BEV electric car.

The snow was a heck of a lot of fun.  We built snow forts, hid behind trees and tossed snowballs at cars.  You would probably get dispended from school for doing that now.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:59 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Those glasses! Aghhhh. It’s like he’s looking into my soul!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:59 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Monkey, did you lose your football?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:59 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Jimmah with the glove save.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 08:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“Trying to get another leg over”

That reminds me of post Prom with my date, my second cousin.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 08:01 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Those glasses! Aghhhh. It’s like he’s looking into my soul!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:59 PM ET

i know ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/23/13 at 08:01 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

good times.  I spent too much time on 8 Mile, Woodward, and Gratiot

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 08:01 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Monkey, did you lose your football?

Lose it?  Hell no I destroyed it.  Ate some oysters and couldn’t stop myself.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 08:02 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

James Carville?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/23/13 at 08:02 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Pinche Kindl.

Posted by SK77 on 02/23/13 at 08:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I spent too much time on 8 Mile, Woodward, and Gratiot

But look at all the money you made.  Oh wait…

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’ll never live that one down.  At least not for 60 more decades. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 08:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

James Carville?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/23/13 at 08:02 PM ET

nah, ...

too much hair

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/23/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Tatar TOTS!!!!

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 08:03 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/23/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Get that guy on a top line already

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/23/13 at 08:03 PM ET