Abel to Yzerman

Abstinence Is The Only Cure

We've endured losing streaks before.  Usually in February, like this one.  Only those were different because our midget commissioner hadn't ordered a five-month snow day.

This one is horribler, a word I rarely use but it's a real word because I checked.  It's horribler because if there's one thing we learned from The Natural, it's that losing is a disease as contagious as syphilis.  I don't want to catch sypilis and I've taken certain steps over the course of my life to ensure I haven't.  But if losing is contagious like that disease does that mean only the players themselves will catch it or the fans too?  I do not want syphilis.

Please win. I'm allergic to penicillin and I really dislike Nashville.

It's a Live Blog bitches.  We're all in serious trouble.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 02/23/13 at 07:32 PM ET

Agreed!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Colaiacovo, Carlo Shoulder injury injured reserve

Hard to miss what ya never had.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 02/23/13 at 07:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Pavel and I would take Franzen or Bertuzzi in place of Cleary in a heartbeat.

The way Cleary has been playing I would take Jan Mursak in his place.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:35 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I remember when the Wings signed Cola, the buzz on him was that he was injury prone…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I would really like to see everyone healthy to gauge just how good or bad this team is.

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 07:36 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Pavel and I would take Franzen or Bertuzzi in place of Cleary in a heartbeat.

I’d prefer Nyquist.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:37 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Subtle interference.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Hank with a turnover - - NSH draw a penalty - - shocking

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:37 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Wow… 17:45 before a penalty gets called.  I wish that was the case more often thant not.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/23/13 at 07:37 PM ET

ThreeWingCircus's avatar

Of everyone on this list, the only ones I miss are Helm and Smith.

I dunno, maybe Serial Killer too…

Posted by ThreeWingCircus from European tour on 02/23/13 at 07:37 PM ET

monkey's avatar

His first injury came in an interview prior to the first game.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:38 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Bert is what - 37, 38? - with a bad back.  I don’t think he’s ever really be “back.”

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:36 PM ET

I was hoping we would get more than one game out of him though.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/23/13 at 07:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I haven’t seen a team score on itself after pulling its goalie on a delayed call since the 90’s, and I think the Wings benefited twice that decade like that.

They must have been ESPN games.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:39 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

His first injury came in an interview prior to the first game.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 02/23/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Douche Canoe will do that to a man.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/23/13 at 07:39 PM ET

calquake's avatar

His first injury came in an interview prior to the first game.

I think he stepped on his blaven.

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 07:39 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

“he’ll” ever…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

ditto

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/23/13 at 07:39 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

We are winning - -

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:40 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

His first injury came in an interview prior to the first game.

LOL

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Of everyone on this list, the only ones I miss are Helm and Smith.

I dunno, maybe Serial Killer too…

Posted by ThreeWingCircus on 02/23/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Me likey Bert too. He has hands.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

We are winning - -

SYWM…please.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 02/23/13 at 07:41 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I think he stepped on his blaven.

On the misty Isle of Skye?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Seems like we used to have snow like that every winter in mid Michigan when I was young.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:43 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

We are winning - -

SYWM…please.

Posted by Rumbear from the Top O the Hasek, looking for a goal… on 02/23/13 at 07:41 PM ET

What Rummy said.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 07:43 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

evening bitches

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/23/13 at 07:43 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Yet so many will tell you climate change is a myth.  I remember those winters too.  Snowmen would survive well into April.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:44 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

why do all myfeeds come up with Ottawa…is gary’s network doing look ins again?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/23/13 at 07:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Nashville doesn’t have a point this year when trailing after the first period.

The Wings are record breakers this year, however.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m sorry but I got *#$%@&.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Nashville doesn’t have a point this year when trailing after the first period.

The Wings are record breakers this year, however.

Your mouth works the corner for tricks.  Shut it.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:45 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Yet so many will tell you climate change is a myth.

It only exists on the mythty isle of Skye.

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 07:46 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

We are winning - -

SYWM…please

Not that it matters much - - since we have managed to blow more leads of late than the girls on Woodward.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:46 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Hey Jeff - -

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/23/13 at 07:43 PM ET

I seem to remember the same. You know, 60 decades ago. tongue wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 07:48 PM ET

ThreeWingCircus's avatar

I remember those winters too monkey. Snow days galore!

Posted by ThreeWingCircus from European tour on 02/23/13 at 07:48 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 02/23/13 at 07:44 PM ET

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 02/23/13 at 07:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I used to work at a State Motor Pool on Woodward and one of the “girls” wanted to use the restroom.  She offered to pay me and took out a wad of twentys that would choke a horse.

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 07:49 PM ET