Abel to Yzerman

Abstinence Is The Only Cure

We've endured losing streaks before.  Usually in February, like this one.  Only those were different because our midget commissioner hadn't ordered a five-month snow day.

This one is horribler, a word I rarely use but it's a real word because I checked.  It's horribler because if there's one thing we learned from The Natural, it's that losing is a disease as contagious as syphilis.  I don't want to catch sypilis and I've taken certain steps over the course of my life to ensure I haven't.  But if losing is contagious like that disease does that mean only the players themselves will catch it or the fans too?  I do not want syphilis.

Please win. I'm allergic to penicillin and I really dislike Nashville.

It's a Live Blog bitches.  We're all in serious trouble.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Aloha, Master Chief.  Raising a J-Gold to you and your crew a safe fishing trip.

Usually, I try not to panic because in a full season, these would be the doldrums of the hockey season.

There’s a second time for everything.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/13 at 05:33 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Just wait, just wait….we will all be healthy and make the same run as LA did last year. Just wait, we are the Mighty Red Wings, and we have Uncle Mike. Nuff said, fixt.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 02/23/13 at 05:46 PM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Stress train’s in the station. All aboard!

Posted by BrendonR on 02/23/13 at 05:50 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

NHL-Network again. FUCH YOU GARY!!

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/23/13 at 06:00 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Dammit Master Chief. I was thinking of the Natural with that losing section also the other day.

Going to practice with a new big Bauer hockey stick . I will speak softly now and catch up with the 19 after the 1st period hopefully. Monkey leave that football alone tonight OK tongue laugh

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/23/13 at 06:03 PM ET

gowings's avatar

Evening Master Chief,

Your analysis of the situation is right on…and yet, you are able to put some humor into it. You have to, because I already stop “laughing” 2 games ago…I am also allergic to PNC….but a few more games like that, I will seriously consider injecting myself with it LOL

GO RED WINGS. Don’t care how you do it tonight, just GET IT DONE!!!!! smile

Posted by gowings from MTL on 02/23/13 at 06:14 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Hail to you, Master Chief.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 06:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ bitches. Aloha, Master Chief.

I got nothin’. Which I guess, is a good thing.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 06:38 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Ahoy ahoy! Its a hot dog night, im feelin frisky and the cold stuff is washing down smooth.

GAME ON!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/23/13 at 06:44 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Howdy All & Thanks Chief,
I am aboard the train…pour me something cold & strong!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/23/13 at 06:50 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I’m aboard. Lets do this.. And I will also take a strong.. strong drink.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 06:53 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It’s on now.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 06:55 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I pray that the Lames NHL Network used the Det Feed.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 06:56 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 06:57 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Um… why do I have HNIC on the NHL Network?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:00 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Hola bitches.

A win would be nice, eh?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I pray that the Lames NHL Network used the Det Feed.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 06:56 PM ET

Amen to that. We are already suffering enough. Jeebus, please don’t make us listen to Terry Crisp.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 07:00 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Who in the Fuch are all these blow hards? And how the Fuch do they have a job?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Hey-oh. Where is the fuchin’ game?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 07:02 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Who in the Fuch are all these blow hards? And how the Fuch do they have a job?

Good ol’ fashioned Canadian farm boys.  Their uncle owns the network.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:02 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Noooo MUST HAVE DET FEEEEEED!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:03 PM ET

calquake's avatar

If the game doesn’t come on in the next 3 hours I’m refusing to watch it.

Posted by calquake on 02/23/13 at 07:03 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 02/23/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Black Mail.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Another brilliant lead in.

Probably NHLN will use HNIC, bitches.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

If the game doesn’t come on in the next 3 hours I’m refusing to watch it.

You tell ‘em.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:04 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Evenin’ Chief.  I know this is a bit belated, but have a safe voyage sir.

What’s up bitches?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/23/13 at 07:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

You can probably get the audio from Detroit here, it’s working right now for me.  Still don’t know what the tv is doing.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:06 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

What’s up bitches?

We are Bez.

No telling if the team are?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

It’s 24 degrees in Vaduz, Liechtenstein.

And Karen is singing the Song.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame song being sung

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Thank gawd for the home feed.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

SK77's avatar

YYYYEEESSSSSS.

Posted by SK77 on 02/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I love the shape her mouth takes on when she’s singing “buuuuurrrsting ”  in air.

stonehands-78's avatar

game time?

gulp

imma ready

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Yoooooooop. Det FEEED ME.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ken and Mick. Yay!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yea!  It’s Ken and Mick!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

OKay. I got it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Oh Good, don’t need to freeze frame and sync the audio, unless it would be best in order to break the losing streak we’re on.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »