Abel to Yzerman

A Welcome Distraction

No whining. No complaints. The idea being, to use this game as a welcome distraction, whatever the outcome.

it's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

On a somber note Neil Peart died January 7. He was 67. His kit in in the HHOF…...

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/10/20 at 07:19 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Thanks Katie. Let’s hope it’s a great night for a hockey game.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:23 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Kate!

(Sad news on Neil Peart, and Brain Cancer is relently- Thanks for sharing youtube)

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 01/10/20 at 07:26 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I want a win, but, I don’t even care. I’m just happy to be…....It’s a good night for a hockey game….... wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/10/20 at 07:30 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

A 4 point game Tonite against the Sens. The unofficially official Tank has been going well so far,  so no reason to screw it up now. My wish is for the boys to be competitive, but lose in regulation. Sorry if that goes against the rest of the 19…

smile

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/10/20 at 07:31 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Winky! wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/10/20 at 07:32 PM ET

Yep…..sad, sad day.  Been playing 2112 and La Villa Strangiato over and over since I got home from work.

A somber lgrw from me.  downer

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 07:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m just happy to be…...

Hope you’re enjoying the ride.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:35 PM ET

Oh thank God…FSD feed on NHLN

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 07:39 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Uh oh, another backup goalie we might make look like a starter.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:39 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

That was almost in the top corner because they couldn’t get the puck out of the zone.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/10/20 at 07:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

LOL don’t challenge the goalie, whatever you boys do.

Doc says I have a very smooth prostate.  Won’t go into how that was determined.

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 07:43 PM ET

Won’t go into how that was determined.

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 07:43 PM ET

I’m sure someone can put their finger on it…..

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 07:45 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Doc says I have a very smooth prostate.  Won’t go into how that was determined.

I hope he didn’t have large hands.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:47 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Hey there, 19! Let’s beat some Senator ass!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/20 at 07:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

downer

Rush ... best concert I ever saw

Neil Peart ... best drummer to ever live

...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/10/20 at 07:48 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I tried to throw out a straight line, got some good comebacks.

Hopefully that’s the last fingerblasting I’ll be involved with for a year or two.  At least on the receiving end.

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 07:50 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I enjoy being a girl!... smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/10/20 at 07:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Let’s beat some Senator ass!

I nominate Mitch McConell… oh wait, you meant… nevermind. smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:53 PM ET

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 07:50 PM ET

Just make sure you’re checking qualifications so you don’t end up with these doctors

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 07:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I thought that was the Fletch scene, “You ever do time, doc?”

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 07:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“Doctor Rosenpenis”.

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 07:55 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:53 PM ET

I’m not against that option, either!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/20 at 07:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

“Doctor Rosenpenis”.

Shouldn’t that be Doctor Risenpenis?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

!!

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 08:01 PM ET

Shouldn’t that be Doctor Risenpenis?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 07:59 PM ET

So glad none of us have grown up….or if we did we’re regressing.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 08:01 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola 19. So good to start the weekend with my best fake friends.
Sorry to hear about Neil Peart. The best 3 man rock band ever. RIP.
Hell RW. I had Dr Bendover do his exam and popped my contacts clean oot of my eyes. Needless to say, I got a new doc big surprise

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/10/20 at 08:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

So glad none of us have grown up….or if we did we’re regressing.

I resemble that statement.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 08:03 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

So glad none of us have grown up….or if we did we’re regressing.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 08:01 PM ET

Men. You can’t live with em’, and you can’t kill em’ and get away with it.. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/10/20 at 08:05 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Lil Bert!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/20 at 08:06 PM ET

Could see Hronek looking for Bert that whole tiime.  Real nice.

1-0

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 08:06 PM ET

calquake's avatar

And in that environment new contacts I hope.  Lil’ Bert!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/10/20 at 08:06 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

T-Bert! A man!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/10/20 at 08:06 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Yes 1-0 Lil Bert

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 01/10/20 at 08:06 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

YeahLil Bert. Keep er goin. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/10/20 at 08:07 PM ET

Whew, Zadina didn’t miss a shift.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/20 at 08:08 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Ottawa with the O’le defense…. I’ve seen that coverage somewhere before… rolleyes

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/10/20 at 08:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Nice combination there - Hronek to Bertuzzi.  Good thing Ottawa had the Wings patented lack of coverage behind the D.

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 08:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Exactly DRD, players behind a clueless D.

Posted by RWBill on 01/10/20 at 08:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/10/20 at 08:11 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »