Abel to Yzerman

A Much Needed Break

It's nice to be back after a much needed break from all the negativity that has surrounded the Wings since the big decline. A chance to refocus, and, see how it goes between now and the All Star break. Of course, there is more controversy in the news regarding the former coach, but, we don't care about that on a game night. We're here to enjoy whatever happens on the ice. Good or bad.

Tonight is Grateful Dead night at the Pizzarena, so with that in mind, a Dead lyric.....

"Lately, it occurs to me
 What a long, strange trip it's been."

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 >       Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

1-2

fab-ulous

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/19 at 08:16 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Yes 1-2

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/07/19 at 08:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Good him Fabbi

I think I may have just had a stroke.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Nice stop.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

TD

THE Wisconsin Badgers 7 / ohio st 0

cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/19 at 08:24 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop x 3.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:25 PM ET

Clear blatant interference on that faceoff, wake up refs

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/19 at 08:26 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

shut eye  shut eye  shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 08:26 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

UGH 1-3

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/07/19 at 08:26 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

TV Reception working…that’s a good thing…...right?

and…they score.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan Plan...... on 12/07/19 at 08:26 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Mike Green has perfected covering the invisible Man to an art form. Can we just trade him for a 6th round pick somewhere.???..

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 08:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I concur with the agreeables.

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 08:28 PM ET

calquake's avatar

TV Reception working…that’s a good thing…...right?

and…they score.

I think you just answered your own question Rummy.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:28 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I concur with the agreeables.

Took you long enough.  grin

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

So the Badgers scored on the first possession of the game?  I was going to check if the Buckeyes had already put the game away.

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 08:31 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I hear (many people are saying) they may apply for a NFL franchise.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:34 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I hear ya Cal….. I was halfway thru typing and….

LGMFRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan Plan...... on 12/07/19 at 08:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What does a boisterous cow produce?

What does a boisterous cow produce?

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 08:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Really appropriate name for a Wisconsin player, eh?

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 08:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

LOL  LOL  LOL

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:41 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 08:39 PM ET

good for chatter cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/19 at 08:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

smile smile

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 08:42 PM ET

Not sure what Nemeth was doing there

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/19 at 08:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What does a boisterous cow produce?

Devin Nunes? I keed… I keed.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:43 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

“It’s nine o’clock on a Saturday ... “

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/19 at 09:00 PM ET

quad poo

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/19 at 09:04 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Burning white hot suckage…

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 09:05 PM ET

calquake's avatar

quad poo

I agree to concur.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 09:06 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Time to give Comrie a try next game. This cannot be good for morale…..

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 09:07 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Mickey keeps harping on the “no luck at all”

I would love for them to drop in audio of Sid Able saying “...Aww Bruce..the wings having no luck atall..”

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 09:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

TD

THE Wisconsin Badgers 14 / ohio st 0

cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/19 at 09:08 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mickey keeps harping on the “no luck at all”

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 09:07 PM ET

It would make it tolerable to hear it in that format. I was just listening to vintage JJ and the Morning Crew’s version of the Christmas Miracle.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 09:11 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Just waiting on #5. Maybe pull the goalie in a minute…...... grrr

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 09:12 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Welcome to the Red Wings Eric….... All the best young man!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 09:14 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

JJ and the Morning Crew’s version of the Christmas Miracle.

Classic radio bit. George Baire was great with all the voices…

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 09:16 PM ET

SauceBoss's avatar

Who would pay money to go watch this dumpster fire?

Posted by SauceBoss on 12/07/19 at 09:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Time to give Comrie a try next game. This cannot be good for morale…..

Somebody must be listening.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 09:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

That was very painful to watch.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 09:18 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

more reception issues…..do they have 5 yet?

This reception is like the olde days when the Chief was not yet a Master and the pirate feed from Europe was the only broadcast.

Not sure if we were rebuilding then.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan Plan...... on 12/07/19 at 09:18 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Not sure if we were rebuilding then.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here…... on 12/07/19 at 09:18 PM ET

We were a contender way back then… And competitive too…..

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 09:21 PM ET