Abel to Yzerman

6 More Games And The Conflagration Will Be Complete

I think I spelled "conflagration" right.  I think. I don't have time to worry about that.  I just don't. I'm way late for this Live Blog and there is just no time to waste.

Chicago appears confident. They have a plan.  Mike Tyson, in all his wisdom, once said in  his best Gary Bettman voice that, "everybody's got a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."

An early lead. An early goal. An early Kronwallian experience would serve as that punch in the mouth.

The "first ten" minutes tonite might be the most important "first ten minutes" in recent Wing history.

Circle the village.  Prepare the torches.  Because if this thing goes as we hope tonite?

Then we're talking a big, fat ass Western Conference fire.  A big one. With kerosene and high flames and smores and Backwoods cigars.

10 to 12.  6 to the Big Burn.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

win.

...

that is all.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/23/13 at 06:35 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Just found this: SI’s Brian Cazenueve, who is not in attendance, is confused because the “veteran”-laden Wings have not wore down due to their advanced ages yet.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/23/13 at 06:36 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Hola bitches. I’m so glad we are coached by Babcock and not Tortorella.

I got a minny nap in after work and I day dreamed of an Abbey Gordie Howe hat trick.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 06:38 PM ET

Hola, Amigo.  Cheers to the shooters.

Then we’re talking a big, fat ass Western Conference fire.  A big one. With kerosene and high flames and smores and Backwoods cigars.

Now, That’s a Fire.

LGRW.

Burn.Down.This.Conference.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/23/13 at 06:38 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

1st goal abby.first 10 mins

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/23/13 at 06:40 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/23/13 at 06:42 PM ET

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/23/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Wings have a veteran soul and a young heart.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/23/13 at 06:43 PM ET

TKShreve's avatar

Time to dial it up one-more-notch Wings!

Set the West en fuego.

Posted by TKShreve from East Uptown on 05/23/13 at 06:44 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Link for VLC/Quicktime.

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 06:45 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/23/13 at 07:36 PM ET

I hate web sites that don’t have the balls to allow comments on their pages…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 06:45 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Git some.

Oh yeah, git you some.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/23/13 at 06:45 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I love this place.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/23/13 at 06:45 PM ET

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 07:45 PM ET

The ever humble pint of Guinness, Tarbender.  Glad you’re here.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/23/13 at 06:46 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

First goal from 2 Swedes and a Swiss. S cubed line? Triple S line? JoDamGus?

Don’t know what to call them but they’re getting the first goal

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/23/13 at 06:46 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

how about “three kids and no old goat”

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 06:47 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

My brother got me a bottle for my birthday.  Its gonna be a good night.  Here’s hoping the Wings put a bow on it.

LRGW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/23/13 at 06:49 PM ET

I have Monaco on my screen.  Been there twice.  Beautiful place.  Achingly gorgeous women.  Great food.  Ridiculously expensive, well, everything.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/23/13 at 06:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Human Growth Hormone is a hell of a drug.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 06:50 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Stupidity is a helluva drug too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/23/13 at 06:51 PM ET

So, yeah, I have the NBC feed and I’m muting this bitch.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/23/13 at 06:52 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

feeds?

Posted by pgoody on 05/23/13 at 06:52 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

So, yeah, I have the NBC feed and I’m muting this bitch.

Posted by SYF from the Flood on 05/23/13 at 07:52 PM ET

done and done

Posted by Hootinani on 05/23/13 at 06:54 PM ET

dougie's avatar

My brother got me a bottle for my birthday.

bezukov, I have a bottle of that 1800 that is now 1813. Not a tequila drinker, bottle is missing a couple of shots, and has been in the cabin bar since 2000.

Tried to get monkey to drink it, but he was into his codeine

Posted by dougie on 05/23/13 at 06:54 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

10 to 12.  6 to the Big Burn.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Here they are. Our Detroit Red Wings. Game 4 of the second round.  I’m as nervous as 19 cats on a Playoff game day.

Break out the flame-throwers, cause they’re gonna throw everything at us, and then some goonery. Burn baby burn.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 06:54 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

that SI guy’s main focus in his career?  the olympics.

check out his Twitter feed LOL

LMFAO

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 06:55 PM ET

Going to enjoy tonight’s game

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/23/13 at 06:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Joakim Andersson
Gustav NyQuist
Damien Brunner

The Omen Line

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 06:55 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/23/13 at 07:49 PM ET

I have the remnants of a 1800 Anejo on my shelf.  Excellent tequila, you are a lucky guy, among my favourite all-time.

Also among the few choices of the discriminating Mexican tequila lover.  Another favourite among the locals is the Herradurra Anejo.

Both bottles can be bought in a Mexican Wal-Mart for $25.  Go to the tourist areas and get charged $55 where I quickly learned that haggling was not happening below $40 and I could just as easily ask, “¿Donde este Walmart?” and save myself the pesos.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 06:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Tried to get monkey to drink it, but he was into his codeine

Can’t drink Tequila in outer space, dude.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 06:56 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Starting with Flying Dog Snake Dog, then moving on to Founders Double Trouble.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 06:56 PM ET

VooX's avatar

*Herradura

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 06:56 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

LGRW!!!!!!

Posted by Zqto on 05/23/13 at 06:57 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

guess who got hired as Avs coach and VP of hockey operations today?

he probably only took the job cuz he knows he won’t have to see the Wings in the Western Conference any more…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 06:57 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

The Omen Line

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

“Look at me, Damien.  This is all for you!”

creepy

Posted by Hootinani on 05/23/13 at 06:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Waaah is coach and VP of operations? Nice.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/23/13 at 06:57 PM ET

Going to enjoy tonight’s game

Posted by Valek on 05/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

Outstanding.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/23/13 at 06:58 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

The Omen Line
Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

I like it, Or since Mr. Andersson is the center, how about the Matrix line?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/23/13 at 06:58 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Founders Double Trouble.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 07:56 PM ET

Love some Breakfast Stout right about now

Posted by Hootinani on 05/23/13 at 06:58 PM ET

Waaah is coach and VP of operations? Nice.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/23/13 at 07:57 PM ET

Free Gabriel Landeskog!  Free Gabriel Landeskog!  Free Gabriel Landeskog!

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/23/13 at 07:00 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

does anyone have that animated GIF of the Cawks player going apeshit on the bench with his teammate standing next to him trying to calm him down?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 07:00 PM ET