Abel to Yzerman

12 hours out of Mackinaw City I stopped to have a brew, or two, or hell…just open it up Voox

5 games left and every one of them is a death sentence waiting to happen. Boston's in St. Louis tonight, so yeah...we're pulling for the Blues.

But most importantly, we're pulling for the Wings.

Against a team I personally despise.

As much as I hate the Blues or the Dive or Ohio State or Bud Light? No.

And, come to think of it, I really don't hate the team I just have no respect for the Ingalls sisters or that trashcan Pinky with his stupid hat and elitist craft beer. Remember him?

I just read that. And now I'm sad. 7 years ago, or so. Man, that was some venom wasn't it? Vigor. If any of you wonder why the blogging stopped (pretty much), it's because I just couldn't muster stuff like that anymore.

But, it's coming back. I have a feeling.

On to tonight.  Mantha playing with AA. Cousin Jeffy says it'll work because it worked "for him" down in GR against teams like the Marlies.

Sounds good, right?

Win tonight. Keep winning. All five. Just get in, men. Just. Get. In.

It's a Live Blog bitches. We're posting it early and recommending you bend the elbow as soon as domestically possible. This is no time for sober thought, sober reflection, sober analysis or sober anything, really.

LGRW.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

But, it’s coming back. I have a feeling.

In for a penny. In for a pound. Welcome home Chief!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/01/16 at 06:06 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

You buy a hat like this, I’ll bet you get a free bowl of soup huh ?....looks good on you wink

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/01/16 at 06:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

win ...        one       game       at       a       time

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/01/16 at 06:13 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Looking forward to a riveting game.

LGRW!!

Posted by alwaysaurie on 04/01/16 at 06:15 PM ET

I have it on good authority that Detroit will make the playoffs and the stress train motors on.

Posted by Ventr on 04/01/16 at 06:26 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Nobody here has a way with words like you do Master Chief.
I will be freezing my sack off at the mids first baseball game of the season tonight, so cheers to 2 points and to the 19.
LGRW & just win baby.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/01/16 at 06:26 PM ET

calquake's avatar

LGRW.

Words to live by Master Chief.  What I want more than anything else is for the team to show us they really, really do want to win and extend the season.  That is something that has been sorely lacking for a while now.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 04/01/16 at 06:41 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Well it’s April the Master Chief is here and we have Bob Segar in the bullpen.
Just win and in. One at a time as Stoney says. Looks like Pinky’s team mailed it in last night and hopefully they do it again tonite. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 04/01/16 at 06:46 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

WIN, one word.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 04/01/16 at 07:08 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Dude at the bar here in Palm Beach wearing the Bruins hat says the Wings are toast.  So I “spilled” my beer on him.  Hell of a sacrifice because I’d never had 312 Goose beer before and it was pretty good.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/01/16 at 07:15 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Ah yes, Voox. A lovely human being.

LGRW.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/01/16 at 07:15 PM ET

The27er's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!!

Thanks Master Chief - Well said and it sure feels good having Bob back in the bullpen with the 19.

Now lets all focus on getting 2 points outta this game because tonight we’re gonna get it right!

L.G.R.W.

Posted by The27er on 04/01/16 at 07:18 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Afternoon all. Mo I caught up on the last LB and wanted to say I’m sorry to hear about your mother. It sucks. My mother no longer recognizes me, one of my sisters or any of her grand children. Not Alzheimer’s, just severe age related dementia. She knows she has a son, she but hasn’t recognized me as that person in a couple of years. Her personality has changed too (she’s nicer). It’s like the person I knew is already gone.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from La La Land on 04/01/16 at 07:21 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Thanks Chief. As soon as you said this is a team you despise, I thought of Pinky.  Hard to believe that was pushing 7 years ago.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/01/16 at 07:31 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan !!!

I’m up for two points tonight !!  LGRW

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/01/16 at 07:35 PM ET

All set for a trip to the liquor store tomorrow.  I have a feeling tonight’s game is going to clean out my alcohol supply.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/01/16 at 07:35 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Who could forget Pinky? Good Times!!

I had a good beer buzz going and lost it fuching with a beat all to shit 12 year old riding mower.

LGRW

Posted by dougie on 04/01/16 at 07:37 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

game on

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/01/16 at 07:39 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

If you see this man, call 1-800-THE-HASEK

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from La La Land on 04/01/16 at 07:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!
Let’s Go, Marlies Busters.

Posted by RWBill on 04/01/16 at 07:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Delay suspension of Keith until after they play the B’s.

Posted by RWBill on 04/01/16 at 07:43 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Go Wild!!!!!

Ha! April Fools!  Let’s go Wings!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 04/01/16 at 07:43 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Go Wild!!!!!
Ha! April Fools!  Let’s go Wings!
Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 04/01/16 at 07:43 PM ET

Or reverse psychology. It’s only crazy if it doesn’t work, right?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from La La Land on 04/01/16 at 07:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Heart jumped into throat when they almost stole from Green.

Posted by RWBill on 04/01/16 at 07:47 PM ET

How is Ericsson so bad at getting the puck by a defender along the boards

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/01/16 at 07:47 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

WTF ? So I turn on the NHL network and they’re showing an alumni game. Nothing on center ice.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 04/01/16 at 07:47 PM ET

Nice one Green   shut eye

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/01/16 at 07:49 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I see the giveaways are still a thing.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/01/16 at 07:49 PM ET

Well, we’re about 5 minutes in and they look lifeless, there’s already been a horrid turnover by Errorson, and I’ve yet to see AA or Mantha.

Posted by Wise1 on 04/01/16 at 07:49 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Whew!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/01/16 at 07:49 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

puck luck

... thanks April 1

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/01/16 at 07:50 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Of course.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/01/16 at 07:50 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... right ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/01/16 at 07:51 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Is everyone watching this on NHL network?

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 04/01/16 at 07:52 PM ET

Is everyone watching this on NHL network?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/01/16 at 07:52 PM ET

I am

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/01/16 at 07:53 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Is everyone watching this on NHL network?

I am.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 04/01/16 at 07:53 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

wow. so that’s what a power play looks like.

Posted by duhduhduh on 04/01/16 at 07:54 PM ET

The27er's avatar

Er, that’s a Silver Bullet, Mick

Posted by The27er on 04/01/16 at 07:54 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Is everyone watching this on NHL network?

Just following the LB. I dumped flash from my system so no NHL live and it’s blacked out on my phone because NHL Network. I set it to record, but you said they’re showing an alumni game. Time to leave work and catch the 2nd and 3rd at home.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from La La Land on 04/01/16 at 07:54 PM ET