Abel to Yzerman

[11/21/2013] GDT: Red Wings vs Hurricanes

It's a Nyquist Explosion!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RedMenace's avatar

I’m hoping that one day soon work slows down enough (and I’m in a better state of mind) so I can actually put more effort back into these… I apologize for their sloppiness and general “meh.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/21/13 at 02:27 PM ET

pilgrim's avatar

Don’t worry Red Menace these have been great. Really appreciate your work here.

Posted by pilgrim from the ice at the bottom of the world on 11/21/13 at 02:47 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by pilgrim from the ice at the bottom of the world on 11/21/13 at 01:47 PM ET

[John Wayne]Thanks, Pilgrim[/John Wayne], I appreciate that. Still though, I set a goal for myself and want to reach it; real life, however, has recently had other plans.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/21/13 at 02:54 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Roller coaster effect on the lineup. I see Nyquist..YESSSSSSSSSS. Then I see he will be
he will be tugging a Mule along..NOOOOOOOOO. We go up, we go down. And I scheduled a stupid 2 hour interview dinner, will miss the whole game.

Hey Red, Boys weekend at the cabin. Dogs, beer, whiskey, chain saws, loud music, hockey, grill food, bonfires, no womerns allowed. Drive on up, and we can work on your anal opticosis(shitty outlook;-)

I will be there from 4 pm tomorrow until Monday PM. Come drink that Fireball and Cherry Wheat beer you left last visit.

Posted by dougie on 11/21/13 at 02:55 PM ET

dougie's avatar

....gladiator movies

Posted by dougie on 11/21/13 at 03:01 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

I apologize for their sloppiness and general “meh.”

If you think this post is “meh,” Red, I can’t wait to see what will replace it. No offense to Okie but what you’ve done this season is the cleanest, most detailed pre-game info I’ve ever seen. Kudos to you.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/21/13 at 03:08 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thnaks Red!  I like the presentation…the pictures are purty…..

Let’s Go Red Wings !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/21/13 at 03:20 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 11/21/13 at 01:55 PM ET

That actually sounds like a good idea, Dougie, I’ll probably head up that way Saturday prior to the game.

And again, I’m pretty sure that was NOT my cherry wheat beer; remember I brought the Foothills growlers (2 for you, 1 for me that I finished) and the Fireball… don’t know why you keep trying to put that evil on me. :-p

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/21/13 at 02:08 PM ET

Thanks, OTC; believe me I had no intention to “upstage” anyone, and I hope nobody takes it that way (lookin’ at you, Okie *narrows eyes*). I can’t say it’ll actually get any better because I still don’t know anything about HTML, but I have some ideas still. I really wish I could do something more than plain old tables for stats presentation, but my creative juices only flow so far, you know?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/21/13 at 03:22 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Thanks RM!

I don’t see how this gets any better. You put out a great product.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 11/21/13 at 03:27 PM ET

dougie's avatar

my creative juices only flow so far, you know?

that’s what she said. Sorry. Couldn’t stop myself.

Red, if you make it Saturday, Imma give you the 4 words that will set you apart in the world of Red Wing blogging, but you will never be able to tell anybody ever.

Posted by dougie on 11/21/13 at 03:36 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

RM, no more apologies!  You do a great job now!  If it ever gets even better, it will be icing on the cake.

Go party with Dougie this weekend.  Sounds like a great time (exeptin’ fer the chain saws and gladiator movies…)

tongue wink

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/21/13 at 03:38 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Daniel Cleary with Pav and Bert.  I gotta say, I really don’t get the Daniel Cleary love. I’d put Drew Miller up there and Buckets down with Sammy (with apologies to Andy).

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/21/13 at 03:41 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Better yet, get rid of Cleary and Sammy (don’t get me wrong, I used to love them both - but it’s over), and bring up Eaves and Tootoo to play with Andy!

OK, I’ll shut up now.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/21/13 at 03:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

You couldn’t make it Tatar - Datsyuk -  Bertuzzi?

It’s Cleary - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi?

Poor Tatar.  Poor Datsyuk!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/21/13 at 03:46 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

OK, I’ll shut up now.
Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/21/13 at 02:42 PM ET

I’d take Eaves and Tootoo over Cleary and Samuelsson any feckin day of the year. Any. Feckin. Day.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 11/21/13 at 04:08 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Okay, what’s the over/under on when Babcock moves Nyquist to the 3rd or 4th line? How’s about 5 shifts?
I’m saying under.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 11/21/13 at 04:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

You’re not an a-hole?  Just a guess.

Posted by calquake on 11/21/13 at 04:17 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

You’re not an a-hole

that’s like 6 words   cool smile

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 11/21/13 at 04:27 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Red! Awesome GDT! smile

Nothing against the rest of North Carolina,(because I do like their Beaches),
but
I do NOT like their NHL Hockey Team, the Carolina Bullies!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/21/13 at 04:27 PM ET

dougie's avatar

the Carolina Bullies!

I condescendingly refer to them as the Carolina CandyCanes. Then I cut them off in traffic and make them ride behind the “11 Cups” vanity plate and winged wheel decal.

Because I AM an as-hole, although I have only been to Dee-troit once.

Posted by dougie on 11/21/13 at 04:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

You’re not an a-hole

that’s like 6 words   cool smile

Actually it is only 4 words as “you’re” is a contraction (combining two words to make one word) and a-hole is one word… but who’s counting. wink

Posted by calquake on 11/21/13 at 04:48 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks Menace. Go see Dougie. It will be a cabin full of taint. The fine line between dicks and an a$$holes. wink

Bitches.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/21/13 at 04:55 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

And a$$holes.=and an a$$holes.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/21/13 at 04:58 PM ET

How’s about 5 shifts?
I’m saying under.

Is that five of Nyquist’s shifts or five Red Wing shifts?

Either way, under…

Posted by Garth on 11/21/13 at 05:46 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

8 was just thinking thatMule and Tatar were showing signs of some chemistry. Now what for Tatar?

Posted by MoreShoot on 11/21/13 at 05:59 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I can see the first time 13 -71 - 44 are in the offensive zone. Everybody collapse on Pav!!!

Baba is so genius nobody can see through it.

Posted by MoreShoot on 11/21/13 at 06:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

It will be a cabin full of taint. The fine line between dicks and an a$$holes.
Bitches.
Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/21/13 at 03:55 PM ET

Them’s words to live by.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/21/13 at 06:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Oh, and welcome Ian Kuntsler, no, he was a lawyer.  ... Ian, .. ‘Em, well, the new Tiger second baseman!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/21/13 at 06:08 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Maybe Dombrowski can manage hockey as well.

Posted by MoreShoot on 11/21/13 at 06:51 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Thank you so much Red Menace.

Just win…that is all.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 11/21/13 at 07:16 PM ET

RedM, I raise a Guinness to the GDT, Sir.  Really like that the links pop-out to another tab or window.  I never have to lose my place browsing.  Slainte.

Just play and try to get the two points, Wings.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/21/13 at 07:18 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Thanks RM! You do a great job .We all are appreciate what you do…

Let’s go Red Wings !!!  red face