Abel to Yzerman

[11/04/2013] GDT: Red Wings vs Jets

I have nothing clever to add at this time.

* All logos, graphics, fonts, wordmarks, and trademarks are copyright their respective holders

** Information courtesty of TSN.ca, NHL.com, and the NHL Media Relations Department.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RedMenace's avatar

Trying a little something different with the section layout… please let me know how much, if any, your eyes bleed.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/04/13 at 02:30 PM ET

NickLidstrom's avatar

I really liked the seperated brain and Mule-like symptoms.

Posted by NickLidstrom from a Higher Ground on 11/04/13 at 02:37 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Red!

4th Away Game on the Road, Hoping for a WIN to add to the other 3!  smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/04/13 at 02:37 PM ET

dougie's avatar

8:00 start time, eh? Glad I read that. Otherwise, I would have just assumed the normal 8 hour time differential for west coast games.

Red, you have finally become a useful, productive member of society. Your mom must be so proud of you wink

Posted by dougie on 11/04/13 at 02:51 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 11/04/13 at 01:51 PM ET

Yeah, and now she wants me out of the house… the nerve of some people.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/04/13 at 02:53 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Looks good Red!  Hell, I forgot WinniePeg had a team….again.  Nice logo though…

Yeah, and now she wants me out of the house…

I think the Chief lived in Paul’s basement before he hit the BIG time….  cool grin

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 11/04/13 at 03:45 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

God is in the line up again.  That’s all I needed to see.

Interesting that Tootoo is in.  Almost like the coaches are trying to decide who stays and who goes among Eaves, Tootoo and Sammy.

I liked “separated brain,” and “Mule-like symptoms” too.  wink

Looking forward to seeing ex-Wolverine Jacob Trouba tonight.  He won the best defenseman trophy at last year’s World Juniors, left Michigan after his FRESHMAN year, was drafted by Winnipeg and went straight to the NHL.  I see he’s been averaging over 21 minutes of ice time.

It will be interesting to see Almquist tonight too.

Thanks, RedMenace!  The GDT is looking good!

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/04/13 at 03:51 PM ET

TKShreve's avatar

“Brendan Smith - Separated brain”

Clever. Almost blew right by that one.

Posted by TKShreve from East Uptown on 11/04/13 at 03:54 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

GDT looks good!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 11/04/13 at 03:58 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I don’t quite possess the scathing wit of Chief or VooXie, so I have to insert my “yuks” in other, more subtle ways.

Here’s a question for you guys: From a readability standpoint, do you think it would be better to place the “Projected Lineups” along with the “Individual Stats” for each team? I don’t know why, but I just feel like the “Lineups” are out of place or something…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/04/13 at 04:01 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Awesome officiating pair for tonight…..

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 11/04/13 at 04:07 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Thanks RM. GDT looks really good.

Yeah, I think so. It’s kinda wonky with the individual stats segment for each team and then a segment that is more like a one-stop-shop section for each team.
Along the lines of readability, the layout might read better to apply an outline structure to the sections; and it will hold some consistency for the reader. Like: Event info, League Info, home team info, visitor info, miscellaneous info, external info. Something like that. But do it however you want, I’m not an expert media guy, it’s only a thought.

LGRW

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 11/04/13 at 05:35 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

But do it however you want

because there is nothing wrong with what you are producing in the first place

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 11/04/13 at 05:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This is looking wonderful Red. Very clever injuries report on Mule and Smith.

Me likey very much!

Thanks Menace.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/04/13 at 06:16 PM ET

....a little surprised to see that setoguchi is now a jet…..does he score less than two on his favorite bitches tonight ??...let’s hope so….damn that dude has our number…..

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 11/04/13 at 06:50 PM ET

....btw…very enjoyable work you’re doing, red….rock on…

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 11/04/13 at 06:53 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Yes Red, Great job.

I like the information, the pictures, the graphics and “Hot and Not” and especially the witty descriptive remarks.

You are Rocking the GDT!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/04/13 at 07:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

You’ve been talking to my step-mom…she was always asking me if I “had anything clever to add”....

the answer was usually “yes” of course

followed by “You’re grounded go to your room”

which was then usually followed by “pffft….whatever”

which was then usually followed by a barage of slippers and/or cutlery

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/04/13 at 07:57 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Rats.  Just looked again at the Jets line up and Trouba is out with an injury…  Oh well.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/04/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

“Brendan Smith - Separated brain”

grin
Let’s Go Red Wings

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/04/13 at 08:37 PM ET

GDT’s looking better and better, RedM.  Thanks.  Sure ‘preciate it.

Don Massenhoeven.  :sadrofl:

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/04/13 at 08:39 PM ET