Abel to Yzerman

[10/23/2013] GDT: Red Wings vs Senators

Once again, I apologize for the late start... stupid "real life" getting in the way.

* All logos, graphics, fonts, wordmarks, and trademarks are copyright their respective holders

** Information courtesty of TSN.ca, NHL.com and the NHL Media Relations Department.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

SnLO's avatar

something seems off with the league standings. some of the numbers don’t make sense with the column header.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/23/13 at 01:14 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 10/23/13 at 02:14 PM ET

sry. i probly should’ve pm’d that.  blank stare

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/23/13 at 01:19 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

No, no worries, looks like I’m having some issues with this one.

*headdesk*

Please bear with me as I attempt to resolve them.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 01:23 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Why in the world will Firefox not render the rest of the page?!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 01:50 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Firefox is killing me… everything renders great in Chrome.

Ugh.

I apologize for this, everyone.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 01:56 PM ET

TKShreve's avatar

Go Wings! A special WELCOME BACK to Kronwall!!!

Calling a 3 point night for Alfie. And a Mule goal to boot.

I’ll be at the game 2nite! Will I remember it tomorrow though….... Bring on the mid week “cleansing”!

Posted by TKShreve from East Uptown on 10/23/13 at 02:05 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, other than the massive gap at the bottom of the frame for Chrome, everything should be relatively normal now.

If anyone notices anything amiss, please let me know. Also, sorry for the spam.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 02:05 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Well done, RM.
Be glad to get this game over with so all the “Alfie” crap will stop.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/23/13 at 02:15 PM ET

Paul's avatar

In other news…

FOX Sports Detroit announced today that they have added former Red Wings goaltender Manny Legace to their broadcast crew this season.

Legace, who spent 11 seasons in the NHL and won a Stanley Cup championship with the Wings, will serve as a college hockey analyst for the 2013-14 campaign.

“I’m happy to be joining the FOX Sports Detroit team,” Legace said in a statement. “Thanks to John Davidson, I enjoyed my broadcasting experience in St. Louis with the Blues while I was injured. I’m excited to bring my perspective as a player to these college hockey games.”

FSD will broadcast 21 more college hockey games this season; Legace will make his on-air debut alongside Matt Shepard on Friday, Oct. 25 at Michigan State.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/23/13 at 02:15 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Woah, that’s waaaay too many goalies in the crew. But should at least provide Mickey with lots of opportunities for jokes.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/23/13 at 02:49 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Well done, RM.
Be glad to get this game over with so all the “Alfie” crap will stop.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/23/13 at 03:15 PM ET

This.

Thanks for the GDT Red.  My only critique: The standings would be more informative if they reflected the divisional standings.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/23/13 at 03:11 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Thanks RM.

Ottawa rivalry night

This is only round 1, we will still have to endure the “Alfie first return to Ottawa” crap.

I think it is relative to the reader, because I find the league format more informative to show where teams actually stand in relation to each other. As playoffs near, it becomes more important viewing for lower level standings to see where playoff seeding play out.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/23/13 at 03:19 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

...stupid “job” getting in the way.

I feel for ya.  It sucks when real life gets in the way of fun.  You’re doing a terrific job with the GDTs.

Just popped in to say me likey the 18-20-22 line.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/23/13 at 03:35 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Thanks for the props, folks.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/23/13 at 04:11 PM ET

What I could do is provide a link to the Divisional and/or Conference standings as well… or I might be able to come up with something a little more interesting. Let me see how hard this will be with my absolutely zero knowledge of HTML/scripting. wink

I feel for ya.  It sucks when real life gets in the way of fun.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/23/13 at 04:35 PM ET

I’d actually changed that to “... stupid ‘real life’....” but it reverted to the old version after a browser mishap (or two). I may just change it again anyway. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 03:46 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nice job RedMenace. Thank you.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/23/13 at 05:26 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

I feel like Danny DeKeyser’s player pic doesn’t need much photoshopping and he is Danielle DeKeyser

Posted by pgoody on 10/23/13 at 05:31 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks RedMenace, better late than never!

Hoping the RedWing NOT ‘s become HOT’s soon
and
Hoping the Ottawa HOT’s become NOT’s!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/23/13 at 05:45 PM ET

Primis's avatar

WaitwaitwaitWAIT… you’re telling me..  Daniel Alfredsson used to play in Ottawa?

WHY IS NOBODY ANYWHERE TALKING ABOUT THIS?!?

No complaints here, Red.  Seems fine enough to me.

Posted by Primis on 10/23/13 at 05:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

RM, it is not difficult for any reader so interested to go to nhl.com and easily and quickly sort by division or conference.  you should not be burdened to load down the GDT with every conceivable option and remotely related fact.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/23/13 at 06:07 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

I didn’t realize I sparked a mini debate.  Don’t anyone get me wrong, I’m not bitching.  Just offering my thoughts.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/23/13 at 06:36 PM ET