Abel to Yzerman

[04/09/2014] GDT: Red Wings vs Penguins

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RedMenace's avatar

Just a quick note: I have no idea what the lines for either team actually are, but I have an appointment and wanted to get this up before I left.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/09/14 at 10:00 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/09/14 at 11:00 AM ET

phew, you had me worried about Fredo there for a minute.

Posted by Hootinani on 04/09/14 at 10:06 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Odd situation. Win against the Penguins and it makes it that much more likely that we play them in the first round.  Who do we least want, Boston or Pittsburgh?

Frankly, I’d like to avoid all the Pittsburgh baggage from the past, but Boston is farking huge and will crush us in 7 games.  The Wings locker room will (continue to) look like a M.A.S.H. unit if we play them.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/09/14 at 10:31 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Odd situation. Win against the Penguins and

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/09/14 at 11:31 AM ET

Whatever it takes to make the Playoffs.

Thanks Red.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/09/14 at 10:46 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Who do we least want, Boston or Pittsburgh?

Pens all the way.  Because:

1. Boston is better
2. Met division is easier IMO
3. Det v Pittsburgh is a good rivalry and great theater (although would be best if Hank were in it to start and fully healthy)

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/09/14 at 11:04 AM ET

Thanks, RedM.  Cheers to the GDT.  Slainte.

Heh.  The Wings have the worst goal differential among the teams competing for playoff spots. And they’re declared to be the most dangerous team out of all of them?  I have a whore mouth needing shutting now.  Unless Master Chief does it for me, then I’m all about that.

Our.Two.Points.  Earn ‘em, Wings.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 11:14 AM ET

Who do we least want, Boston or Pittsburgh?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/09/14 at 11:31 AM ET

No preference actually.  There were a number of us who didn’t want the DuhUcks last year and the Wings bounced out their frat-boy asses in the first round (Why is Cam Fowler on that craptacular team???).

As Kate said, “Whatever it takes.”

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/09/14 at 11:30 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 50m
Babs said #RedWings will start Gustavsson on goal. Also said that Andersson is preparing to play; won’t say for who.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/09/14 at 12:03 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 50m
Also said that Andersson is preparing to play; won’t say for who.
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 50m
Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/09/14 at 01:03 PM ET

For Datsyuk?
For Alfredsson?
For Abdelkader?

For Kronwall, just because?

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/09/14 at 12:27 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

If I had to guess, and at this point I think I do, maybe both ALF and Bert are sitting this one out…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/09/14 at 12:54 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Red.

Yep, as Kate has been saying: “Whatever it takes…”  Good slogan for this season, methinks.

It’s radio for me tonight.  Ken and Paul.  No NBCSuck in my house.

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/09/14 at 01:28 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks Red!

One point left in the Quest for 23

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/09/14 at 03:00 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Is it just me or does Legwand’s player pic look like someone who has random people’s body parts strewn across his home and say’s “it puts the lotion on it’s skin”

Posted by pgoody on 04/09/14 at 03:50 PM ET