Abel to Yzerman

[02/06/2014] GDT: Red Wings vs Panthers

Guess who's back - and I'm not talking about Slim Shady...

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Thanks, RedM.  An over-caffeinated mugful of Kona cawfeesalutetotheGDTthismorningmywowwhatacloudymorninghereinVegasIhaveADHD.  Saludos, amigo.

Jakub Kindl - Salacaprostespotitosis

Aw, man.  A quiz?  Fuch you, RedM.  Let me guess:  disease of a wasting salary cap hit sitting on the bench?

Go Wings.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/06/14 at 01:48 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Yay, Tim Thomas and his Gold Doubloons are back!!!

Thanks for the GDT. For a second there I got excited and hoped the Wings had a weekend matinee that was about to start.

Posted by SK77 on 02/06/14 at 01:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

TRISH are you going to the game tonight?  My daughter and bf are driving down from Flagler.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/06/14 at 12:42 PM ET

Or Ms RedWinger too.

Trish I will PM you where my daughter is sitting and if you have time please stop by and say hello and maybe take a picture of them.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/06/14 at 02:01 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Z’s +20 really stands out.  And his better than point a game.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/06/14 at 02:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Miller stays in and Eaves out.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/06/14 at 02:24 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Great GDT as always, Red

And yay,  Smith is back.  Hopefully eveybody steps up and doesnt let him down.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 02:34 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

RWBill, I’m not going to the game, and probably won’t be watching live. But I can’t wait to see Pav playing wing. Maybe he’ll get loads of scoring chances…

I’m not surprised Eaves loses out. He has a great shot, but Miller and Andy are probably able to be more physical.

Thanks, RM!

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/06/14 at 02:35 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Khan quotes Babcock ...

“I just hope we’re doing the right thing,” coach Mike Babcock said. “I hope we’re not bringing him back just because it’s the Olympics. I hope he’s actually ready and we’re going to find out tonight. One thing about getting back on the ice, you can’t hide out there.

worry.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/06/14 at 02:36 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

the zebras look fairly neutral

Posted by Rdwings28 on 02/06/14 at 02:49 PM ET

the zebras look fairly neutral

Posted by Rdwings28 on 02/06/14 at 01:49 PM ET

Neutral and consistency.  Not found in the NHL.

But I do hope for it at least.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/06/14 at 02:51 PM ET

Hopefully before the first puck drop one of the Red Wings will remove all the invisible trip wires around Thomas’ net.  I’d hate to see him inexplicably fall down with no contact again.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/06/14 at 03:07 PM ET

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/06/14 at 02:07 PM ET

‘Zactly why I hope for it from this crew of refs tonight.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/06/14 at 03:16 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Go Wings.

Posted by SYF from the Swedish Ice Mafia on 02/06/14 at 12:48 PM ET

WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/06/14 at 03:24 PM ET

WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 02/06/14 at 02:24 PMET

Happy’s back-biting hookers will do just fine.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/06/14 at 03:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Just in case I haven’t said it enough RedM, thanks for all you do.  It’s a great day for hockey so… let’s take two.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 04:40 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

It’s a great day for hockey so… let’s take two.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 03:40 PM ET

Right you are my friend. We have the Wings at 7:30, and my beer league game at 9. Will prolly only get to see the 1st period before off to the rink.

GO WINGS and GO PYLONS let’s take em both.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/06/14 at 04:53 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Great to have Dangle back. I just hope he isn’t returning to soon.

Thanks Menace.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/14 at 04:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

GO WINGS and GO PYLONS let’s take em both.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/06/14 at 03:53 PM ET

Good luck tonight my friend, I’m pullin’ for the Pylons. (so to speak)

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 05:01 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Good luck tonight my friend, I’m pullin’ for the Pylons. (so to speak)

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 04:01 PM ET

Thanks man. Yes we are the Pylons with the orange home Flyers"s jerseys. I’m # 19 (of course). and the 2nd oldest on the team. We are more of a drinking team with a hockey problem going 0-10 last season and are 1-1-1 so far this session. Good bunch of guys who are all Northern transplants except for 2.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/06/14 at 05:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

This quote sticks out today like a sore penis.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/06/14 at 06:38 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks Red!

This quote sticks out today like a sore penis.

Paging Mr. Freud, Mr Sigmund Freud, white courtesy phone.

Let’s get two!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/06/14 at 06:59 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Ouch Bill. Ouch.

Thanks Red for all that you’re doing here. I’ll be here for the blog, bitches.

Dangles is back.. Oh yes.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/06/14 at 07:00 PM ET