Abel to Yzerman
DETROIT RED WINGS
- Tonight marks the 191st all-time meeting between DET and LA
- Tonight is the 1st of 2 meetings this season between DET and LA, only meeting in LA
- DET’s all-time record vs. LA: 82-79-27-2
- DET’s all-time road record at LA: 34-45-14-2
- Jimmy Howard is 7-6-0 with a 2.55 GAA and 0.919 save percentage vs. LA
- Brendan Smith has 3 assists in 5 games vs. LA
- Pavel Datsyuk has 30 points (14-16-30) In 38 games vs. LA
- Henrik Zetterberg has 33 points (16-17-33) in 36 games vs. LA
- Todd Bertuzzi has 7 points (4-3-7) in 13 games vs. LA
- Jonathan Ericsson has 7 points (3-4-7) In 12 games vs. LA
- Niklas Kronwall has 13 points (2-11-13) in 24 games vs. LA
- Kyle Quincey had 38 points (4-34-38) in 72 games with LA in 2008-09
Good news! After tonight, only one more late start and that happens Saturday night in Los Angeles.
After that, the Wings latest start will be four 8:00pm ET games. Three of those are of the Rivalry Night type against Chicago, Boston and Pittsburgh and the other is this Sunday in Anaheim.
Now on to the game..
Babcock says the first 10 minutes are important, I say the rest 40 are too.
The Wings are well rested and should be ready to play when the puck drops.
No Helm or Datsyuk, but let's hope Jimmy comes up big again.
Detroit Red Wings: Media Notes
- Tonight marks the 84th all-time meeting between DET and SJ
- Tonight is the second of two meetings this season between DET and SJ, only meeting in SJ
- SJ won the first meeting of the season, 1-0 in a shootout (Couture scored only SO goal)
- DET’s all-time record vs. SJ: 51-24-4-4
- DET’s all-time road record at SJ: 21-17-3-1
- DET was 1-1-1 vs. SJ in 2012-13
- Daniel Alfredsson has 14 points (5-9-14) in 16 games vs. SJ
The Wings have 15 games (8 road, 7 home) left before the Olympic break (February 9th) and are in a Wild Card spot at this point in time.
A) An infuriatingly inconsistent season
#) Babcock's inexplicable lovefest with Daniel Cleary
FFFFFFFFFFFFF) All of the above
I hope everyone had a safe, happy, and more-enjoyable-than-the-result-of-the-Winter-Classic New Year
Yesterday's games had a sit back, reminisce a bit and relax feel to it.
Today, the stress level will be on the upswing once again.
First a few bits-Channel 4, the local NBC affiliate will have a pre-game show on at 12:30pm ET today and CBC/HNIC does too.
Game time is just after 1:00pm ET on NBC and CBC.plus RDS.
Question of the day for Detroit fans, will Jimmy Howard have a bounce back game?
Because of the ice conditions, expect a north/south game and play in front of the net will be crucial.
No matter of the outcome, it should be an enjoyable event to watch.
DETROIT RED WINGS
- Tonight marks the 646th all-time meeting between DET and TOR
- Tonight marks the 2nd of 4 meetings this season between DET and TOR, 1st of 2 in DET
- DET’s all-time record vs. TOR: 275-273-93-3
- DET’s all-time home record vs. TOR: 170-107-46-2
- DET and TOR have not been division rivals since 1997-98
- Daniel Alfredsson has 72 points (33-39-72) in 81 games vs. TOR
- Pavel Datsyuk has 13 points (1-12-13) in 10 games vs. TOR
The first Alumni Showdown game starts just after 1:00pm ET and the 2nd game is scheduled for 3:30pm.
FSD and CBC will be televising both games and NBCSN will broadcast the first game at 1:00pm and the 2nd game may be on tape delay starting at 4:00pm.
The Malik Report has the rosters for both games, both teams.
Enjoy and any players you are looking forward to seeing on the ice again?
About Abel to Yzerman
Welcome to Abel to Yzerman, a Red Wing blog since 1977. No other site on the internet has better-researched, fact-laden and better prepared discussions than A2Y. Re-phrase: we do little research, find facts and stats highly overrated and claim little to no preparation. There are 19 readers of A2Y. No more, no less. All of them, except maybe one, are juvenile in nature. Reminding them of that in the comment section will only encourage them to prove that. Your suggestions and critiques are welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org